Help with digital coaxial

I just bought a sony receiver that does "do" DTS and DOLBY DIGITAL and has both digital coaxial and fiber optic inputs. Since my DvD player only has digital coaxial output, I use that one. First I used the cable that came with the DvD, but when I connected the DvD to the receiver and played a DOLBY DIGITAL DvD movie it didnt display it as digital, instead it said PRO LOGIC, like if it was an analog signal. I tried messing around but couldnt change it. So I concluded that it was the cable that was very skinny, and cheap looking, maybe it was "ANALOG COAXIAL" or something. So I bought a MONSTER DIGITAL COAXIAL CABLE, FOR: DOLBY DIGITAL 5.1 SURROUND SOUND. And after using that cable I get the same problem. What could it be?

I'd appreciate the help allot.
Thanks.

Also, I forgot to mention that the problem with having the PRO LOGIC instead of what I should have is that I dont have true surround. The back channels are only 1 channel. And they dont hear any different than from the front channels. So im not experiencing the full cinematic experience!

Derek
You must asign the digital input to the DVD player (I don't know how to do this on a Sony). Once asigned the receiver will switch to DD from analog when you intert a DVD into your player.

Hope this helps.

Thanks man, im going to try to do that right now.

Any more help would also be appreciated.

Anonymous
Have gone to the dvd player's setup menu? You have to set it for digital output too. Then on some dvd's you have to select DTS or DD from the audio menu.

Yes! I finally got it to work!
Thanks for all the help!

I had to go to the DvD quick setup menu, and choose Dolby Digital.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us