Quiet voices, LOUD special effects?

I'm somewhat of a novice, but this is the second system I've owned and I keep noticing this issue. I have a Pioneer surround system. I cannot remember the exact model, but it's one of those that came in a "all in one" box and it's about 2 years old now. Anyway, I have the receiver, 2 fronts, 2 rears, a center, and a powered sub (100 watt ea./600 watt cap). I have hooked up a Pioneer DVD player and I'm having issues where the voices are so low, you have to crank up the sound. Then when a gun shot or some other special effect happens, it shakes the walls. I have adjusted the + - output to +10 for the center (the highest), and like +5 for the other speakers. But still, same issue. Is this common? Is there something general to try?

Derek
If your receiver allows, turn all the speakers including the sub but not including the center channell down by 5 db and turn the center up to a comfortable level. The problem you are having is normal and is dependant upon the mix of the source.

Anonymous
may sounds silly but it sounds to me like you may have hooked it up backwards .. meaning that your surrounds are plugged into your front inputs.

check it out just in case
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us