HTS on a budget - Advice (Denon, Boston Acoustic, etc.)

Trying to upgrade my audio/video equipment to include a DVD and surround sound. Found out that my Onkyo receiver I purchased in '96 doesn't measure up anymore with just Dolby Pro Logic. I've been using that in conjunction with Infinity speakers (2204?) in front and Infinity center. I'd like to get rears and a subwoofer. Shopping around, a salesman suggested a Denon receiver (~$400) and Mirage speakers for a package price of $999. Or I could do just a Boston Acoustic speaker package for $999 and separate receiver. Like most, I guess I want high quality for low dollars and it just won't happen. I understand. However, should I just add rears and a sub to my Infinity speakers or do a complete new package of 5.1? As for receivers, I looked at a Denon AVR-1802. Good? As for the DVD, Consumer Reports had the Panasonic CV51 as a good multi-disc player. I need some advice on all- speakers (package vs. separates), receivers, DVD players. Thanks.

hi there,
The Denon 2801 I think it is, is $999.99 and goes beyond 5.1 to DTS descrete 6.1.

As far as speakers go, Try a nice polk system, its around $600, and they sound great. Polk (like boston) only make speakers, and they don't carry the boston price tag.

Trying to find (4)BAC "325"speakers or alt. with same dimensions. Any ideas?

How much are you willing to spend on total, also if I read correct you want to get all except for you tv. Let me know I may be able to help :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us