Progressive Scan versus Interlaced!

Anonymous
OK I understand the whole principal behind Progressive Scan but I have yet to be able to see a difference!
I have had 3 different Progressive Scan players hooked up to my TV and a Standard Player and have switched between them to try to find the difference visually! What gives? To answer a few questions I'll give you a rundown of the equiptment:

Panasonic PT-53WX42 53" HDTV Rear Projection
(Digital Scan Rate 1080i, 480p)

Venturer HTIB -not Progressive Scan- S-Video Input

Panasonic -Progressive Scan- Component Input

Samsung DT-150 -Progressive Scan- Component Input

Samsung HT-DL200P-Progressive Scan- Component Input

Are they're certain DVD's that you can tell more of a difference on?
Thanks for your time!

Tracker
Your TV may upconvert everything to 480P so that when you switch your source to 480i it may just convert it to 480P so well you can't tell!

My TXM3296hf Samsung does this and has a line double. Although I CAN tell a difference in SOCOM between interlaced and progressive... prog is dramatically clearer.

Anonymous
Was wondering about this when you posted your answer and it seems to me that this must be the case, as I have scanned the same piece of footage over and over and cant see a diffrence in clarity! ... although now that I continue to "examine" this.... I do seem to notice better color saturation in the picture! Anyone know whether the diffrence is because of the input, or the progressive/interlaced output? Seems to me that it would be the input as s-video is inferior to componet!

chris
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us