Home theater problem

john lim
Hi...a good day to you. I really hope you can help me to choose for my home theater equipment used primarily for watching DVDs. Im thinking of getting the B&W DM303 for my front and surround speakers ,combined with B&W LCR3 for center speakers..and then use a PARADIGM PDR-8 for my subwoofer. Is this a good choice? Is this a better setup than the DALI TRIO speaker system? And as for my reciever, Im thinking of getting a Yamaha RXV 420 or an ONKYO TX-DS494... Which is the better reciever for my setup? Or would it be better if I get the Yamaha RXV620 or Onkyo TXDS 595? I would really appreciate if you could answer me asap coz Im planning to buy the setup you'll recommend sometime next week...Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

It's definitely better than the DALI, no question. Plus, as a more recognizable brand, it'll be easier to sell, service, and explain (if it ever comes to that.) B&W makes great stuff. You're also doing the right thing by putting the majority of your cash into speakers--that's really where the differences lie.

As for the receiver, I'm partial to the Yamaha. I've owned two of them, and they've been absolutely fantastic. I think Yamaha (as a company) has found a great balance between sheer performance and economies of scale. The result, I think, is better performance at a better price. For the extra $100, I'd go with the RXV620, as it offers a little more power. A few drawbacks, though, that may or may not be an issue for you, either now or in the future: A non-learning remote and no component video switching.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us