Volume too loud

Username: Simon25176

Post Number: 1
hi huys, wondering if you can help

i have just been given a free surround sound 5.1 setup off a friend

my main problem is that it doesn't have a volume control as it was packaged with a dvd player through which the volume could be changed

now i want to hook it up to my current (better) dvd player but its too loud. is there something i can do to modify this, or change a setting on the inside of the sub to keep it at a constant volume?

any ideas greatly appreciated!

Bronze Member
Username: Europa760

Post Number: 19
volume of what is too loud?

the sub?

Post Number: 2
the volume of everything, there's no volume control so it plays at max all the time.

Bronze Member
Username: Europa760

Post Number: 22
whats amplifying the sound?

Username: Zenmasterbrian

Post Number: 6
Tell us more about you system, and how the components connect together. Maybe there is a way to make it work. Maybe there isn't

Post Number: 3
ok, basically its the speakers and sub from a cheap tevion TCHTS2000 dvd player and 5.1 surround sound package. i have been given the entire surround set up. but i have connected this to my other (better) dvd player.
the tevion system used the dvd player to change the volume through a function on the handset. this is not available on the new player. when connected up it plays at full volume.

i was hoping for a solution to change the volume to a fixed level by electronics or a third party device designed as a volume control.

Username: Zenmasterbrian

Post Number: 7
I don't know the equipment model numbers you mention. But I think I understand what is happening.

A component system would have DVD player, preamp with the volume control, and then the power amp.

A full reciever would build the preamp and power amp into the same box, but the circuits would still be separate.

It sounds like what you have is a compact system, where everything is fully integrated and the volume control is part of the digital processing.

To make this work you need a standard preamp or reciever, or a volume control.

At the very least, you need to set up your own volume control between your DVD player and this integrated system.

Tell me more about exactly what controls and what labels there are on the connectors for each part of your system.

It might be difficult to get this to work without a standard reciever or preamp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us