Popping sound --question

Clueless Eric
I have an NAD 752 A/V receiver, but only have it set up for stereo at the moment, with two front speakers. It is connected to a Hughes Directv/Tivo receiver via digital optical cable and s-video. I noticed that when I go to a TV channel that is broadcasting in Dolby, I hear a slight "pop" as the receiver automatically switches into 2 channel Dolby mode (at least I am assuming that is what is causing the pop, since it only happens when I switch to a channel broadcasting in Dolby). Does anyone know why this would happen? I have checked the conections, and they all seem fine. Will it go away once the system is set up to fully take advantage of Dolby Digital?

Thanks.

Derek
I'm kind of supprised a NAD is doing this. The pop is either the decoder switching modes or speaker relays switching from 2 channel to 5.

This is normal for lower-end equipment. You would think that NAD would suppress that. If its a slight pop after a brief mute, it's probably normal. If it's a loud pop that makes your sub thump, I would have it looked at.

Clueless Eric
It is the former -- slight pop after brief mute. It's more annoying than harmful, I think. And you are not the only person who is surprised that a "higher end" receiver like the NAD would do this.

Jonas V
Just bought a 752 and have the same prob WITH 5 speakers ! Returning it immidiately ! There is also a humming prob that ONLY sounds from the center/rear channels so check this!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us