New Setup Questions

Anonymous
I just purchased a moderately priced Home Theater in a Box and was curious about a number of things.

1. Do I really need monster cable for everything or is this only in a high-end environment?
2. Digital out via coax or optical, which is better?
3. Is their any advantage to running video through receiver or is it just more conveinent?
4. What setting should I put the system on for regular TV? Currently it seems everything is coming out of the center speaker only.

Thanks for your help!

I have purchased ceiling mount speakers and am interested in how to determine where to place them along with the best placement of a subwolfer for optimum surround sound. Do you have any ideas?

Monster Cable. USE IT. its shielded which provides protection from interference. So if you do have a interference problem, you KNOW its not your cable!.

Digital out: optical, it uses a laser, there is no chance for distortion, unless you cut the cable, a coaxial, is still current and voltage, which can get distortion.

Running video through the reciever is just more convienent

Only voices should come out of the center speaker. so if you are watching a talk show, guess where your sound is comming from? however some systems have a 5CH stereo, which makes it play the same sound throguh all speakers

Anonymous
Cables believe it or not, can make or break a system. Buy Monster Cable immeditately and forget any other surplus store brand.

As far as the Digital out and video connection questions, Robert hit it right on the nuts.

Now for you TV sound problem. I will pretty much bet that you are using two RCA jacks to hook up the tv to the receiver,right. The only way you will hear surround sound (prologic) through your system is if the channel and broadcast you are watching is broadcasted in stereo. If it's not only the center speaker will work.

Anonymous
I have the Kenwood 504, sounds great with cd and dvd, and radio, however, I cannot figure out to play the TV through it. Any suggestions? Have I hooked it up wrong?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us