Denon 1905 Installation

Username: Rookpsu

Post Number: 1
This is more of a general question I suppose. Is it the new paradigm to send all video outputs into the AVR deck and then running one component run from the Monitor out on the deck to the TV?

The reason I find this strange is that then all my video sources (DVD, Comcast HD Cable Box, PS2) are then running on the same Video input on my TV thereby preventing me from being able to calibrate the video settings accordingly.

I notice also notice that you have to run these video sources directly into the reciever if you wish to use their optical outs.

Is using this "all video into the A/V deck" the ideal way to go here. All I care about is optimizing my HT setup so any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Unregistered guest
I prefer to run sources directly into the input of the particular component especially when it comes to video. Adding extra items the source must travel through can possibly degrade quailty. Most components these days have amle inputs to accomplish this. You really only need to use the reciever as a "switch" when you run out of open inputs. Individual connections allow for more precise control per component as you stated. But this is only my opinion.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us