Home Theater Connection Ideas

Username: Vapour71

Chatham, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone! Before I get started. I'm a noob here but do have somewhat of an idea about this stuff however I do have a few questions. I am going to provide information to you about what I have for Home Theatre and I would like anyone to help me with ideas that will allow me to get the most out of what I have and how I should have my connections.
Ok here's what I have:
1 Bell ExpressVu 3100 Satellite Receiver
1 RCA DVD Player Model RC5240P
1 RCA 52" Projection TV Model P52927 (Individual Input 1 & 2 wach with S-Video and Audio/Video [Yellow, Red & White Inputs] and 1 single Audio Out
Finally I have 1 Panasonic SA-XR55 Home Theater Receiver. This thing has everything on it. Below is what is on the back of it: [img]http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/docs/20050406/pana4_06.jpg[/img] If someone could help me with the best connection setup, that would be great.
Speaker info:
2 front Large Stereo Speakers
1 Center (small) Speaker
2 Side (small) Speakers
2 Rear (small) Speakers
1 Subwoofer
I have all the speakers in proper positions and all cables needed to do whatever. I just need help with what should go where (plugin wise) to get the most of what I have.
Thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 641
Connect all of your input devices (Satellite, DVD) into the input slots on the receiver. Use S-Video/Digital audio instead of composit to the extent possible. Then run an S-video to the TV. This way you control all of the components through the Panny.

The speaker hook ups should be self explanatory, although I can't read the mostly japanese writings.

Username: Vapour71

Chatham, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the info. That pic was the only one I could find that would show what was on the back of the receiver. I didn't have my digital camera with me however, I do now. But I am pretty sure I understand what you are saying without needing to take a pic of my unit with the english lettering on it for you to explain pretty much what I need to know on the best settings. You have provided enough info to get me started. If I have further questions, I'll ask :-) Thanks again :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us