Feedback Needed -- My Website

Username: Klattengineerin

Chandler, AZ USA

Post Number: 1
I'm an Electrical Engineer and I've been in the business of designing and installing residential power conditioning and surge protection systems for homeowners over the past 15 years.

I felt I needed a stronger online presence and I have recently updated my website and I thought it'd be useful to ask for some feedback from the public.

www.klattengineering.com

Any constructive comments, positive or negative, would be welcomed.

Jason Klatt
Owner/Electrical Engineer
Klatt Engineering

Bronze Member
Username: Diverhank

Huntington Beach, CA

Post Number: 90
Nice website. Since you asked for comments, I will put on my consumer's hat. I think that you have not made really clear what benefits I'd get for installing your system like will my music improve? Will my appliances last longer?

Your claim on saving power is unsubstantiated (in your website). How is it that I will save power? This makes no sense to me without your educating me on it.

What kind of installation that will not require power shutdown? You need to convince me that you will not have sold me a bill of goods without installing anything.

What kind of equipment and technology are you using?

You have not explained to me why these strip surge protectors don't last long and why does yours last a lifetime?

You aren't showing me any comparison (graphics hopefully) on before and after your system is installed.

Your claim of being an electrical engineer may not impress all. You need to make a case on how you are better. I'm an electrical engineer (I have a BSEE degree is what I mean but I design computer system) and I don't really know how your system works...how does an average person get convinced?

In short, your website gives me this feeling that if it's too good to be true, it ain't. The way your website is, I won't be calling you anytime soon. Hope this helps.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6445

I don't think most people realize what AC line conditioning and surge protection accomplish and why a cheap strip protector isn't doing anything in most cases or may even be harming the equipment (audio and home theater equipment most particularly). Your web page does nothing to educate them beyond a vague idea that their neighbor's refrigerator is out to get them. You need to hit harder on the marketing idea of "Feature, Advantage, Benefit". Describe the feature simply as what is it and what it does. Instruct the reader what the advantages are to the feature. Then make the close with the benefits to the reader. Be graphic. Lumping all three into the same paragraph is too little to be enough information. In short, I'm not convinced I need your product after reading your web page.

Telling the reader their $10 strip surge protector is deteriorating is useless. As long as it is just "deteriorating" there's every likelyhood there's one more go'round in the old baby! At 10 bucks a shot compared to your starting price of $499, let's see, that's how many cheap strip protectors the reader can buy instead of using you ... ?

As Hank said, the reader has no idea what you will "install" for $499. Some illustration of a completed installation, the unit itself and possibly an example of what the unit will do during an over/undervoltage situation or some horribly frightening picture of a house burned down because the owner used a cheap strip protector and now they're all standing in the street in the rain, in their underware and the little girl is hugging her singed teddy bear ... well, you could use some pizzazz on your pages. For $499, even if the intial consultation is free, I want to be entertained and I'll go somewhere else to get it. If your competitor gives it to me - she's got the job. If your competitor has some very pleased customer's comments saying what a nice person she is and how much better the computer works now that the neighbor's jacuzzi doesn't shut the monitor down - she's got the job.

In short, you need to sell this like it was a skinless hot dog!

Bronze Member
Username: Em69

OttawaCanada

Post Number: 53
I don't like this sentence: The design process begins with a free 15-20 minute consultation.

What happens after 15 or 20 mins, do you start to charge for your time?? If you are offering a free consultation, then it should be free.

You have a grammatical error on the 1st page ...Please be sure to include your name, a telephone number and the best time TO for us to contact you.

I don't like this sentence: ...but most systems range between $499 and $999.

Are you saying that you have some systems cheaper than $499?? If so, then you should include them in your range, or just say that "systems start from as low as $xxx.xx

You should explain why other systems "deteriorate" and yours does not. Don't just say it, explain it.

This sentence should be rewritten: Our systems do not require ongoing maintenance or service of any kind. As long as the lights on the system are lit, it's working properly.

So, if the light goes out, then your customer would need maintenance on the system wouldn't he?

You should take this sentence out: With the low interest rates and the recent housing market boom, a lot of our clients are in the market for a nicer home.

The housing markets and interest are changing all the time and you do not want inaccurate information on your website. It will indicate to customers that you are not keeping up to date on the market situation.

You never explain in detail how I can save 7-15% by installing your system. How long would it take to get a return on my investment on $500 system?

As stated ealier, what does this system look like?

IMO, small company websites with only a few people, should have real photos of the employees. Pictures are worth a thousand words. I can't stand cheezy fake photos of the typical Sears models on websites. You need to create a relationship with your customers.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 408
Jason you should definitly put some disclaimers under your

"Lifetime Warranty

Every system comes with a parts and labor, lifetime, free replacement warranty."

section. Find a good lawyer and create a brief and then a more detailed disclaimer for this warranty or you can get into serious hot water. Use the brief disclaimer on your website and the more detailed on your work agreement with your clients. Trust me it's worth the money you pay the lawyer.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us