Archive through April 17, 2005

gulliblejohn
Unregistered guest
Theyr'e selling this stuff in Brighton England now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Watch out guys! Don't be as stupid as my mate John!
He paid £90 to a bunch of yankee twats for a speaker system that don't work!

i hate looking at it
Unregistered guest
f**king tw@ts got me in the UK, Brighton i paid £90 for the TI6000S. it works but not how it should do! i hate looking at it.
2 americans in white van pretending they work for fed x delivery company and they been given more than they got to deliver. They even got fed x paper work so i fell for it.
i wanna punch the fat american in his belly and grab my money back

bjohn
Unregistered guest
I just got scammed in Eden Prairie, MN. bstrds pulled into my apartment complex and got me to pay $300 for one of their systems. I'm so f'n pissed off. I was able to get one of their phone numbers though, they were driving a Chevy Van. Anybody else want to get these bstrds?

pissed off
Unregistered guest
F***ers got me today, comming out of home depot in Hemstead, NY. Two white boys, driving a white econoline Van. Got $300 from me. After checking this tread, I went out looking, didn't find them. Hope someone does.

sketchier_1
Unregistered guest
i just bought a ti-5100 i opened it and the sub and speakers look legite i paid 300 but didnt hook it up yet how do can u tell its a piece of s**t without using it?

sketchier_1
Unregistered guest
the sub is all digital the speakers r clean and i have all the wires and the owners manual is there a "real" TI-5100?

Anonymous

Chicago on Jan 4. I bought a pair of T1-1650 from some nut in a white truck for $210, he kept mentioning beer money. I think he had Ohio plates.

I haven't hooked them up yet. I never expected them to be high end speakers but do they at least sound comperable to $400-$500 speakers?

Anonymous

Chicago on Jan 5. TI-1650 for $200. White truck with Ohio plates. For all the other Chicago people, where (location) were you at?

t-mac-CHICAGO
Unregistered guest
I just became the most recent victim!!! These dudes are really good! I am curious to set it up and see if this thing works. Ya know, I got no problem with making an honest living, but for that SCUM BAG RETARD, EBONICS SPEAKING MUTTER FUKA, you mentioned that's how you make a living??? Why don't you go and get a real job you piece of DOG CRAP!!! You won't though, you know why, because your LAZY and STUPID!!! Most likely a H.S. Drop out and will never amount to anything in life! Guess what FORREST GUMP, we win, because we had the money to give to your sorry business partners. Money is not a problem for me, it's ethics! Chicago 1/10/05 same dude in a Mini-VAn, talking about Guiness Beer! I actually felt bad for this guy! I am very confident that he was a Crack HEad Piece of Crap, just like POOKY or what ever the heck your name is up above! You gotta problem with what ever I'm sayin, BRING IT, SUCKA!!! Hopefully this piece of garbage will work a little bit so I can put it in my extra bedroom. As for you Pooky, I'm sure it Rocks your entire 200 Square foot Housing Project you live in, later DIRT BAG!!! JUSt remember, you are nothing and you will never amount to nothing! And just so you know, I am Black, so don't go giving me your speech about our people from 200 years ago, alright, Dirtty! Now go shower, tell the rest of your SCUM BAG TEAM to SHower, and get ready for waking up and living another day of being a COMPLETE LOSER!!! Get used to it, THERE WILL BE MANY MORE TO COME!!! PEACE!

Unregistered guest
It happens now in Taiwan,
hard to believe the efficacy of globalization!

I bought a pair of TI 1250, three smaller speakers plus an amp as a whole set of home audio equipments.

The total price is 26000NT ($800)

I admit that I was scammed becaused of greed , the global weakness of human being.

Anonymous

Chicago location for Jan 5th was around North/Clybourn. When I bought mine he had a pair left. I am wondering if they have a warehouse or a pickup location somewhere in the city. t-mac - chicago, did he have any left when you bought yours? Also, where did you get your stellar speakers at?

Username: Chicagorob

Post Number: 1
Chicago Jan. 11, $200 +20 for beer.

At first I was bitter, but now I realize that it was only my own greed that got me in trouble in the first place. I tried to walk away so many times, but each time he had something.

I wrote down the license plate, Ohio, white van.

If you are reading this, I will be looking for you, and I will be writing a letter to the IRS.

If you are unaware, Tax evasion is a serious crime. If you are producing a product and not paying taxes, you are probably going to be in a worse off condition than the people who you ripped off.

Also, you probably have forgotten that in each City and State, you are subject to taxes as well. So for each $200 product you sold in Chicago, you should have paid about 10% in taxes (if you were smart that was why you were asking for beer money.)

Anyways, good luck. And for $220 + some beer money, I can forget how to draft a letter to the IRS.

;>

Post Number: 2
Also, if any of the scammers are reading this site, I hope you are fully aware that what you are doing is not legal.

Im sure Douglas, white van, DS96CP Ohio plates, remembers me.

For $200, itll be wealth worth watching the IRS audit you, and your entire operation. Might even be money well spent.

Username: Gabbo

whatch out they are in Boston!!!!!!! again.....

Anonymous

Once again, what location did you buy in Chicago? I am guessing that the white van with Ohio plates is getting the speakers somewhere local. So far he has sold 4 pairs of speakers in Chicago. When I bought them he only had 1 pair left in the van.

Post Number: 3
Montrose and Broadway.

He only had one speaker set left, and sounded like Chris from Survivor.

The whole time I was like "How can I trust Chris", but in the end I fell for it.

Anonymous

Rob Ginger - On the 5th when I bought my pair, he only had one pair left. He sold a pair to t-mac-CHICAGO on the 10th. On the 11th he sold you a pair. It looks like he may have a local storage location, and that he is moving north. Have you tried tracking the plates?

Post Number: 4
Im going to start looking into it tonight.

Tracking the plates will not be that easy as Im unfamiliar with Ohio law, although I can probably familiarize myself in a few days.

Im 99% sure that I saw this guy the day before I bought them at the same location, and that he pulled another 20 year old male instead of me.

Just was blinded by the "deal" to be thinking straight at the moment.

Im gonna keep checking around, and also have some other people start hanging out at the locations I think hell frequent.

t-mac chicago
Unregistered guest
Sorry guys, been off the board for a bit. He got me by Divison and Halsted. I actually went to the Cash Station at the Dominicks over there! I am the Jack $#@% who fell for it! Rob, you are correct, it was GREED that made me do it! Thank God I had my dogs in my car with me, he kept tryin to lean thru the window, but my dogs were going nutz and only had it half opened any way. He said he worked for Superior Sound down town somewhere and was a union worker. Ya know, I just bought a Plasma TV so, after telling him NO THANKS, like 5 times, I finally caved because I figured it would be great for my new TV. I tried calling Fox New to report them, but never got thru, just sat on hold for countless minutes! Watch out for a similar scam, guys pretending they are "OFF the BOAT" imagrants from Italy, trying to sell some fake new line of "Armani Coats"! Same deal, I know a bunch of people who got scammed the same way! They know who to target and I am very confident that there is a training session held somewhere. Like I said, I was at fault for being GREEDY and I learned my lesson, but I would love to see these guys go down! By the way, he had 2 left on the truck that were 1 level below the one I bought! I actually asked him if I could by another (GENIUS MOVE AH), and he said he couldn't do it, had to deliver the other 2 to Circuit City, whom I immediately called after he pulled away, only to find out they never heard of the brand! I guess it was almost a feel of excitment, getting something off the street, WHAT A DUMMY I WAS! I think we should all use this as a learning experience! By the way, if MR. Guiness, himself is out there reading these anywhere, GO GET F#$$'ED, SCUM BAG!!!

TAKE CARE MY FELLOWS

Thanatos666
Unregistered guest
David!! I'm a from Taipei, just saw ur post, got scammed today noon just outside my hospital, haven't had a chance to set it up, but from the forum, dont have any expectations.
Can u tell me where u met these f!@#@ers? And if the damn thing really works?
ps: I bought them for 250000 just 1000 NT short of u.
Thanatos

If I do get to see them again, I swear to god I will cheerfully send them to the ER where I will personally take GOOD care of them...

440 sucker
Unregistered guest
look like im the newest sucker. they got me for $440. I hope they at least sound ok. I just got home now and looked them up. its a bummer to be out the cash but, according tov some of these stories it could have been worse. by the way they got me in wallingford, ct at first connecticut credit union. They told me they just came from the oakdale with extra stock.

440 sucker
Unregistered guest
just want you guys to know if you read this. at the bank i was making a deposit of $77,674.92 which was my last 2 weeks of sales. I own a computer retailing and consulting business. When you came in behind me i put the checks in my pocket so you wouldnt see them and try to get more. all i did when you were there was withdraw my $440. After you left I went back in and made my deposit. I would have given you more!HAHA! You didnt hurt my pocket so im not too upset. I hope the feeble $440 gets you very far. ILike you said if I ever see you in Bristol. Ill buy you a beer. Ill do better than that. Ill buy more speakers from you. You obviously need the money more than I do!!

440 sucker
Unregistered guest
anybodu out there thjat got scammed out there. it could have been worse the speakers arent terrible they at least work. obviously i overpaid but wasnt the first time & probably not the last

Anonymous

I just got scammed by these 2 mexicans on this in KC on the ti5100
Lic#MO. VRP 919. fool was stupid enough to give me his phone number in case I knew of anyone else. 732 300-3695

440 sucker
Unregistered guest
they do that! He is not stupid. He knows what he is doing

Unregistered guest
These bleeps are in Toronto,Canada now. Me and my buddy were approached in a mall parking lot in Richmond Hill, the little bleepers were in a maroon mini van, paid $700(cdn) for the TI-6000T, plus 2 500 watt pro audio speakers. The guys names were Duncan and Alex, liscense plate number AVJM 661 his phone number is 416-759-2547. Heard the whole bit about buying em a beer at the strip club, I'm gonna cave their bleepin heads in with a baseball bat, anyone else in the T dot know these guys, i'll pay for info on where to find-em...I just want to give him a good beating, I don't care about the money. The system and speakers work, but nowhere near promised, no problem with buzzing in the sub. Anyone know what these things are actually worth? send me an email or post it here. I'm just glad I did'nt buy any magic beans

Username: Chris543

COLCHESTER, CT US

WELL I AM A GUILTY ALSO,BUT BUYER BE WARE,
INSTALLED SYSTEM IN GUEST ROOM,SOUNDS GOOD FOR
GUESTS,LIVING ROOM FILLED UP ALL READY,
I AGREE WITH EVERYONES ANGER,BUT THEN AGAIN
EVERYONE WHO FEELS THEY HAVE BEEN TAKEN
JUST REMEMBER,JUST SAY NO(NEXT TIME)SCAMS ARE ALL AROUND US EVEN ON LATE NIGHT TV, WAKE UP
OR BETTER YET COME UP WITH A SCAM AND WE CAN COLLABORATE IT TOGETHER,THE AMERICAN DREAM,
THIS IS JUST A SMALL PIECE OF IT.

drdang420
Unregistered guest
They got me too, in Hudson NH. They had Mass plate "4711KX" I paid $200. I had them open the box at the spot and i checked everything in it. Glad to know that speakers work fine and they not that bad for $200.

pineapple
Unregistered guest
listen up boyz, found two yankee chumps at buck barn macdonalds... beat them black and blue. took their van and hav a load of TI6000S speakers

if any1 wants them ring 07761952389 and make an offer

:-) very pleased (-:
Unregistered guest
just wanted to say thanks to 'pineapple', i rang him and we met up that afternoon...

don't know what the fuss is about the speakers and amp are great and a dirt cheap price!!!
the bonus was the video clip on his phone of the yankees rolling around on the floor... ha ha ha

i reckon it may be worth checking it out yourself

Unregistered guest
Another mug just bought the TI6000S in Brighton, England. Me. It was like standing in the path of a truck, transfixed by the headlights. You could see the scam coming a mile off. Big American guy does the talking, little Londoner sits in the van. Two old American Hi-Fi magazines have advertising features (NOT reviews) of the equipment, at $2799 or similar. He starts by saying it "isn't knocked off" and reassures me they're not "pikey" types trying to sell me a sealed box full of sand. Keeps talking. I'm just out to start my morning run. Nice guys. Unmarked van. Told me the last guy paid £400. Keeps asking me how much I want to pay. Won't name me a price. Two or three times I thank him for his efforts and start to walk away. Three times at least. He just says "don't go" and "how much would you pay" as it's obvious I like the idea at the right price. Now, I don't need surround sound. I have Sony Wega stereo and don't even like having speakers behind me. Don't like it loud, either. I mention I could only pay by cheque. He says he can drive me to the cash machine! Ah, but our cash cards are limited to 200 or 250 per day, so I'd only be offering 200. He suggests three. I mention the card limit. I've got it. He's got me. He carries the gear inside. I check it. Now he's chatting about art, and Catalan architecture, and anything but the equipment, and I'm on my way, card in hand... When I get back, I look up Theater/re Innovations on the internet. Scamsville, CT. I'm still smiling. Two hundred quid and I've been kind of enjoying the scam all day. Value for money. It could have been six grand on worthless art prints from Ashley Jenkins, or ten grand borrowed to help out a Nigerian ex-cabinet minister, or just a few pounds dialling "9" in response to a robot message about a prize that doesn't exist. Today, two hundred and a real good chat, and some equipment I don't need. The funny thing is, it all works. It's way more powerful than my Wega TV. Everything does what it's supposed to. The guys whinging about faults just haven't set it up right, or don't know how to use it. Most TV, VCR, DVD gear will have a simple two-photo sound output (L-R), and this goes into the Aux on the main TI box. The TI cable is good. Turn the power on, use the remote to select the right input (Aux), maybe turn standby off, maybe turn the main volume down, then you have simple stereo (2.1 = 2 frontal speakers plus sub-woofer). Press the DSP button and watch the pretty lights go around as the 5.1 system kicks in and you get all six speakers running. (And, no, I don't have any equipment with six-channel Dolby 5.1 output, either - just don't worry about that set of jacks!) It might not be state of the art, but what do I expect off the back of a van...?

Username: Jmartin

Kansas City, MO USA

I a TI-5100 out of the back of a white van for $200.00. they told me their boss gave them one for free as a thanks for their hard work the y needed the cash they wanted $600.00, but i told them $200.00 is all I had. I thought something was up, but I figured $200.00 they have to be worth that. I hooked them up and they do sound good, not worth the $2999.99 the catalogue stated, but definately worth $200.00. They look good and sound great even though all these people on here are complaining, I hooked it all up and cranked my yamaha reciever and it sounds fantastic even at the top level. So I dunno maybe Im one of the lucky ones and got a good system.

i hate looking at it
Unregistered guest
BlING REG from Brighton. can u tell me where these guys were selling them please. i got done by them in brighton too a few weeks ago. i was scammed at the mariner and keep seeing their van there but they are never around. i just wanna give them a little surprise. cheers "i hate looking at them"

Monkey Kid
Unregistered guest
They're working in Southampton, UK today, picked up the TI-6000S for £250...oh the shame!

dissapointedgirl
Unregistered guest
They are now in Tampa, Hillsborough Ave Area, Men and a Women!! on a SUV - drivers' license 56243281203C from Illinois - Jose Camargo was the guy's name. Be aware, I told my boyfriend not to fall for it, but he did, he lost $100.00.

Guys a tip if someone approaches you with a deal that you can't believe - chances are that is a SCAM!!! Trust me.

I hope some of you can read this message before buying the equipment - Tampa Area Buyers ***be aware*** TI-6000S are in the area.

dissapointedgirl
Unregistered guest
Favor!! if someone sees this couple just slapped them around for me. Thanks.

They deserve to be in jail. People - we work hard for our money, to let a pair of scumbags take it away from us like that.

Username: Jmartin

Kansas City, MO USA

What these guys are doing is perfectly legal. THey are selling a product and showing an inflated price, which is commonly done in in the automotive industry. So if you buy it for 100.00 or 2000.00 its perfectly legal. I called the police department and asked them because I bought a set for $200.00 and found this site online after I bought it and was a little pissed, until I hooked them up, they do sound great, they arent the 2900.00 set of speakers they advertised them as, but it isnt illegal to tell someone that you are selling a 2900 set of speakers for whatever they can get for them. The only thing you can do if if your city requires a merchants license to sell goods, you can get them kicked out for selling without a license.

Some one else on here said if you think the deal is too good to be true it probably is and you might be getting scammed. Although this isnt a scam, they do sell these sets for $2900 on their website if anyone was stupid enough to pay that for them. I hate to be defending these guys, but everyone on here who wants to beat the crap out of them or bath in their blood like one guy said thats rediculious. You bought their sales pitch hook line and sinker and so did I, I was only willing to pay 200, but some people even paid 100, this is a good lesson for us all, just warn your friends......

Houston - Texas
Unregistered guest
I don't believe this. Billy Bob, I just read his message, and those guys got him then found me. Guys pull up in a Black Chevy SUV and say "Your probably going to think this is a scam but we were loading these speakers in the truck and the place gave us four sets instead of four speakers." The stupid part about it is they caught me in the Bank parking lot. Even worse I didn't even want them but I couldn't pass up a deal. $300 for the Pair - they wanted $600 so I guess I'm glad I negotiated. I brought them home and told my wife the story and she looked up the speakers on the internet to see if I really got a good deal. This site came up. She had one word for me "SUCKER!" then she laughed and walked out of the room. Guess I should hook them up and listen to my big purchase or if anyone would like a really good looking pair of speakers for $350 call me.

SoCal Has been hit
Unregistered guest
These guys are in Southern California now. The product is a TI~440MR. Same thing. I was headed up to my office which happens to be in a bank parking lot. Thought, I really dont need these things but I could sell them easily. Lesson learned.

Nordic Sucker
Unregistered guest
There here in Lakeville Minnesota. If your reading this I'm sure you fell for it to. I don't feel so bad now that I know I'm not the only sucker. I just donated $500 to the scam artists. I bought two TI 1250. I guess I have to look at this as a $500 lesson I will never forget. I hope I do find them someday my steel club needs to be exercised.

Silver
Unregistered guest
Ive just payed £29.99 for the TI-6000S, are they even worth that amount?

dissapointedgirl
Unregistered guest
Well I have to agree with John. They are not worth 2900.00 and the quality it is not that high, but they do sound good. They do the trick, but honestly don't pay more than 100.00 for them.

I just can't believe these guys are everywhere!!!

Unregistered guest
TAMPA FL JAN 21, 2005 2:PM
Black GMC Sonoma Pickup Illinois Lic # 19 571 D

I guess I'm lucky; only got stung for 250, but threw 'em another $20 when he said he had the Warranty #.

Kind of a good thing; it humbles my inflated opinion of myself and restores my skepticism in people !! Only one person to blame here - myself!!

Unregistered guest
Those ba$tard got me today in Montreal, for 400$ a black Chevy jimmy. They really are everywhere! si je les revois , y se font pogner. J'ai trouver la faille.
I can assure you that they will be in jail soon. Lucky ba$tard!!

Username: Ilatpitw

New york, New york United state

what is you complain, about this speakr, that bussines is perfectly legal, in every country, in this world, is offer and demand, you suggest you price, and they accept?. this speaker sounds good, US$300-500 is a good price. for me is good, and the speaker at least look fine to be in my hall. I have bought another speaker, with a good brand and more expensive than ti-1250 and the end is the same thing, the only different is the brand? a lot of people buy the brand no the result over de price. in my country when the Kia came to the market, was a very very cheap car, but now, the same care is very more expensive than past three years. dont complain, you will see maybe , the next year, this same speaker worth more than US$300 or the brand become in a good speaker brand. nobody knows it.

Username: Ilatpitw

New york, New york United state

what is your complain, about this speaker, that bussines is perfectly legal in every country in this world, is offer and demand, you suggest you price, and they accept?. this speaker has a good performance and sounds good, US$300-500 is a good price. for me is good, and the speaker at least look fine to be in my hall. I have bought another speaker, with a better brand and more expensive than ti-1250 and at the end is the same thing, the only different is the brand? a lot of people buy the brand no the result over de price. in my country when the Kia came to the market, was a very very cheap car, but now, the same care is very more expensive than past three years. dont complain, you will see maybe , the next year, this same speaker worth more than US$300 or the brand become in a good speaker brand. nobody knows it.

LiveNLearn
Unregistered guest
They're in Houston, but different guys from the ones mentioned before. One was hispanic and had "Heather" tatooed on the right side of his neck. I only paid $200 so I'm not really pissed. The more scary issue to me is that they seem to target bank parking lots. Not much of a leap from a speaker scam to popping people at an ATM.

Username: Rudy8383

Waterbury Connecticut ,I just bought the TI~5100 home theater system from 2 guys in a dark green dodge van. Same story as the prior posts they sai they had 2 extra systems and needed to unload them I paid $500 went to the atm they followed me one drove in my truck short guy with a goatee his breathe stuck like alcohol and drugs after I paid them they ask me for $40 more for a case of guiness I only had $20 gave it to them said they were gonna by a 12 pack. The guys was good they looked legit so I got sucked in.Oh well greed to over and common sense flew out the window. I had the feeling I was being scammed I didn't even need the system I have one you live and learn .

NH peeps
Unregistered guest
ya my husband is a sucker..i went into Dunkin Donuts and i come out to him talking to two guys inside a white explorer up in Salem NH...they asked my husband for $800 bucks for the system and of course my husband was looking for a system and he is a sucker (in a nice way)..like he trusts too many people...and he tells them that he only $300 and we frigin drove to our house and got the money for them..what retards we are..letthing them know where we live..
the system sucked..it was the worse thing ever that we did...NEVER AGAIN...my husband is ready to kick these guys a$$e$ if we ever see them agaIn and i'll be more then happy to help him...

GRATEFUL GARETH
Unregistered guest
HEY DISSAPOINTEDGIRL

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP, IT SAVED ME MEGA BUCKS. WAS VISITING SISTER NEAR TAMPA IN HILLSBOROUGH AVE AND THEY CALLED ME OVER. IF YOU DIDN'T WARN ME I WOULD OF BEEN OVER $500 DOWN.

JUST A BIG THANKS AGAIN AND IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ME MAKING IT UP TO YOU THEN CONTACT ME THROUGH THIS SITE...
HOPE TO SPEAK SOON x x x

Anonymous

To all who bought these speakers from you could scammers they are located many operation in the states. Denver colorado these people are like locus they are everywhere but where people still buy the still make money they have the biggest money making deal around. The only way that you are going to get any satisfaction is get the word out and hurt them where they want it more in the pocket. They dont care who they hurt or who's money the steal they know that $20 speakers get 200 to 300 % increase just by saying boy do l have a deal for you. There are good deals out there and there are bad deals best deals are l have to get the money then come back saying hey l heard that these by these words they are either in your face or gone. My advice to you coming from a ten thousand deal to a l am going to find you deal.

gavincumm
Unregistered guest
will people PLEASE stop posting on this topic? the boards get FLOODED with posts on this topics on an almost daily basis!

if you MUST post about the scam go to www.scamshield.com

thank you
gavin

Jody
Unregistered guest
To gavincummface

This is a free site for real life issues and i can do what we want on it.
if you have a problem then give me a call and we can sort it out man on man!

gavincumm
Unregistered guest
my point was simple...

go to www.scamshied.com and post THERE!!!!!

there is a whole section devoted to this scam and how to deal with it! no one here has a clue how to. that was where I was going with that. no more, no less

gavin

gavincumm
Unregistered guest
my point was simple...

go to www.scamshield.com and post THERE!!!!!

there is a whole section devoted to this scam and how to deal with it! no one here has a clue how to. that was where I was going with that. no more, no less

gavin

gavincumm
Unregistered guest
sorry for double post... last one has corrected URL

Username: Phangyou

I noticed that some of you guys have been able to use the speaker systems. What brand dvd surround systems are you using? My Sony won't work with these things. I have the TI 5100. Thanks

Username: Ermal3k

Quincy, MA

Hey they got me a 3 days ago. People that have been scumed from them are very stupid. When in the whole world have u ever seen the external of the a box saying the price of the stuff that has inside. Just by looking at the box u can say that that is a scum. Somebody should tell the police.

Kick A$$ System
Unregistered guest
Im sorry all of you got scammed. I thought i did too. I got the TI-6000s for 200 dollars. It actually does Kick A$$. I recently had a yamaha 650 watt system, this blows it away!!! Its all in the speaker wire you use. The speaker wire they give you is cheap. You have to go out and buy some from Radio Shack, thats were I got mine. So take my advice and see if it works for you. I still hate this BI***ES just as much as you all do!!! Let me know if the speaker wire thing works for any of you.

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Post Number: 637
Most police don't want to get involved in this situation, as they generally have more pressing problems to deal with and many Krispy Kreme and Dunkin' Donut stores to visit. They also view the buyers of the speakers to be willing "co-conspirators". Afterall, almost every purchaser feels that they got a great deal on "hot" speakers, until they later find out otherwise.

Unregistered guest
yea they got me too for the ti 440mr $400 sounds good still workin but anyways they got me at at a mijiers parking lot in westland michigan

Unregistered guest
Another English guy who has been scammed! they got me in Leeds bought to pairs off them for £400. Two American guys and one English , same old stories they told me, the old warehouse scam.

friendly help
Unregistered guest
For anyone who is interested in contacting someone at theater-innovations.com the phone number is 1-203-294-8829 and the address is P.O. Box 642
Wallingford, CT 06492
US

Anonymous

I purchased the old T6000 800Watt super home theatre system for the steal at $400. it retailed for $2499.00 on the box. Turns out the amp in the Sub box was a neatly amp shaped piece of aluminium. I wish I would have thought of that scam. The speakers do work but probably retail for $7 to $8.
LESSON: Don't buy overstock from some dude at a gas station out of his Lincoln.

Minnesota jackass

Xyzxyz
Unregistered guest
They just got me in Ottawa. They had Quebec plates and said they lived in Lasalle, Qc. They were of Greek origins and are now selling the speakers under the brand name Hauffman hm-5000lx. I'm reporting those two F@#k to the cops!

jrock
Unregistered guest
I have a pistol waiting for the guy who got me in NC. I seen him once since then but to many people around to let off on him.

uuhytg
Unregistered guest
just got nailed for 300

at least they look cool.....

Beercanman
Unregistered guest
What about trying to go to your state comptroller to report them? They're selling a product as a business and not collecting or reporting sales tax. I would think the gov't would be pissed they're not getting their share, even if the stuff is junk. Also, you might check with local gov't and find out about trader's licenses, etc. Someone will get these guys.

Username: Cacdui

Billerica, MA

They got a new system called the TI 6200 and is not that good and I don't think you can even get 5.1 surround sound out of it. They got my brother in law in Woburn, MA with that same old story-extra inventory and the super price of 500.00 dollars compared to 3500.00 list price on the box (what a joke)

abcdefffff
Unregistered guest
Looks like these scums are moving around the Ottawa valley now! They had a Quebec plate and are selling Hauffman's too. Beware if you live in this area ( from arnprior to the pet)

Almost
Unregistered guest
I almost bought those speakers today in Hempstead, NY in Nassau mall. The guy's name was Dave. I even went to the bank and got $300 out of my account. Good thing I called my sister at home before handing over the money to chech up on the internet about these speaker. She found this site and saved me $300. The weird thing was that I had a strong feeling that this was a scam and yet I still almost fell for it. Few small things I noticed that may help everyone for next time they are being scamed: 1)When does any product has the price written on the box so bodly to attract attention. If a price is written on the retail box in a way that it attracts attention, especially if it says MSRP, you can be sure that that is not the market or retail price for the item 2)Why would anyone sell something for such low price if they knew the real value of the item. If the speaker system did cost $1999 as they said why would'nt they just sell it on ebay or something. You can easily recover 80% of the value of an item on ebay if it is new. 3)Listen to the story they give you. Can anyone honestly say that the story the got made any sense. He told me he was a driver who had gotten two extra set of speakers by mistake just half an hour ago yet he seemed to know a lot about the speakers and even had a catalog to show and phone number to call memorized. I was so exicited to get a deal like this that I paid barely any attention to how he got the speakers and why he was selling it. 4)Did you all noticed the sense of urgency in their pitch. A sign of a scammer. 5) A scammer is always a good salesperson. Did anyone wonder how come the guy claiming to be a driver selling the speakers was so adept at selling. He knew what to say, when to say it, when to push and when to back off. Its unlikely a driver who has never done this would be so good at it.
Of course it is easy to be a monday night quarter back but I think I picked up on all these things I mentioned while I was being scammed yet I still chose to ignore them. So I guess the most important lesson is that if you feel like it is a scam then it is probably a scam.
I am so happy that I didn't waste my $300 but it angers me more when I read on this forum that some of you think that it is a legit way of doing business or its the american dream or it is ok since this is a dog eat dog world. Any of you who think that this was an ok business practice are idiots and need a major adjustment in your moral compass.

nightcat
Unregistered guest
The only thing I'm sorry about is that it was a scum.

I payed £160 for TI-1250 in Brighton,UK around a month ago.

Now I have a crappy AIWA stereo with 30 divisions on the volume scale. My neighbours from upstaires knocked at my dor in the midle of the night to turn the volume down. I kept the volume at the level of 12. Not sure if I should buy an amp for these, my neighbours will kill me :-).

Oh yes, my stereo has got only 2 chanels, so I can't run all 4 chanels on the speackers :-(.

But I will set some boys on to these guys, they are better of dissapearing from around my parts.

Advise to the scammers. Speackers I got are pretty good, you'd make more money by selling them leagaly.

Advise for others. As said before, try getting better cables, mine only costed me £1 a metter.

And let's all try not to get scumed next time

chicago
Unregistered guest
CHICAGO by midway didnt try them yet ti5100 he got me for $320 irish guy by himself in a mini-van with the rear seat out. same story one set, beer money. i hope mine work. i bought Acoustic Image speakers out of a van 5 years ago and they were awesome. any word around chicago please post it.

scammed
Unregistered guest
these guys are in westborough mass right now. just got taken.

nightcat
Unregistered guest
If you want toget to the company, there's some info:

Organization:
Theater Innovations
Corporate Officer
P.O. Box 642
Wallingford, CT 06492
US
Phone: 1-203-294-8829
Email: theater-innovations@yahoo.com

Registrar Name....: Register.com
Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
Registrar Homepage: http://www.register.com

Domain Name: THEATER-INNOVATIONS.COM

Created on..............: Wed, Jul 21, 2004
Expires on..............: Sat, Jul 21, 2007
Record last updated on..: Tue, Nov 09, 2004

Administrative Contact:
Theater Innovations
Corporate Officer
P.O. Box 642
Wallingford, CT 06492
US

Technical Contact:
Theater Innovations
Corporate Officer
P.O. Box 642
Wallingford, CT 06492
US

Zone Contact:
Theater Innovations
Corporate Officer
P.O. Box 642
Wallingford, CT 06492
US

Domain servers in listed order:

DNS19.REGISTER.COM 216.21.234.80
DNS20.REGISTER.COM 216.21.226.80

Unregistered guest
just got stung at home depot salem ma. do I even bother taking the crap out of the box? $300 bucks. I have some info on them.

PISSED
Unregistered guest
I just got took for 400 bucks. SO f*cking pissed. I called my friend to come and look at them to see if I should do it. He said "I'd do it". I figured I'd get a sh*t load of money pawning it or selling it or something. Apparently not. The funny thing is, I was thinking that the system was probably hot or it was a scam but I did it anyway thinking that I could still get more than I paid for it. The b*stard came screaming into my bank parking lot while I was getting out of my car to deposit my pay check from work. A big fat guy with a round face and a smaller guy in the passanger seat. The big guy did all the talking and the smaller guy said not a single f-ing word. Anyway, he yells that he's got a good deal for me and sh*t. I said "no" lots of times but he just kept pushing it. They were driving a big silver, almost gun metal utility van. that SOB. It happened in Wakefield RI. He said he was from Connecticut and he was on his way to portsmouth to pick some more stuff up. If anyone finds them who has heard of them. Just kick their *ss right there. Save some for me though. I wanna get a few hits in.

Anonymous

Un ami c'est fait aborder sur la rue dans la région de Montréal (PQ) en se faisant offrir un systeme de cinéma maison HM-5000LX pour la modique somme de 400$ en lui présentant cette offre comme alléchante puisque sur la boite il était indiqué qu'il valait 2495.00 Euros. C'est une marque inconnue Haüffman et je n'ai rien trouvé a part de mauvaise expérience ou expérience similaire a la sienne. Je suis aller visiter le site mentionné plus haut et c'est bien un systeme identique a l'un d'eux.

J'aimerais bien savoir combien de personne se sont fait piégé dans le monde, puisque le probleme semble etre un réseau mondial puisque jusqu'a maintenant j'ai lu ce probleme sur au moins 2 continents.

QU'est-ce que cette arnaque.

Unregistered guest
Orange, CT - Dark Van, 2 guys, driver named "John". Got me for $300 for a T-5100 "complete home theater system". I wish I could sell these and get back some money for my husband's pick-up truck needs work. Foolish me!

Kick A$$ System
Unregistered guest
you guys arent gonna do sh*t, you are all a bunch off pusses. You are all stupid for believing it, its no one's fault but your own!!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Stfo

i'm looking for speakerman in europe stfohenri@yahoo.com

European Locator
Unregistered guest
where are you located?

maybe i can help....

Username: Daddyphatsacs

I just got hit in Houston, TX by the Southwest Freeway by these guys claiming to not want to give these to their boss after some botched install job. Hard and fast push. Had a magazine with them and everything. Bald guy and wirey tan guy "Danny". White Durango license Z72 TCR. Got hit for $300 and then another $20 for beer money cause I'm a nice guy.

i'm located in germany,france and switzerland

Post Number: 3
give me your email

BTFO
Unregistered guest
Hi to all the scandinavians who have written in, thanks to Americans for showing me the light! Your support has almost been priceless..

Please now take the time to listen to what we, the salesman, have to say. You feel cheated, scammed, bluffed, and maybe even raped by what you now understand to be true. It's not worth feeling this bad. What you did is human nature. You took advantage of the situation, TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, wise or stupid!

ANY product is worth what you decide they are worth. Look at the stock market.. I do! You were much happier paying $1.00 at the liquor store than paying $4.00 at the pub, it's the same drink. HOOK THEM UP FIRST and then write something here afterwards, understand the below concept.!!

Listen to the speakers with an open mind and you will be happily surprised. Understand that anyone who has sold you a set for $150 has initially lost money doing so! We make our living by selling speakers EXPENSIVE, NOT CHEAP, same as all other stores! The difference is, we know our job selling BETTER than you know your job buying. Bonuses for SELLING THE F@£K OUT keep speakerguys excited, but not afloat!

I cannot vouch for the quality of all speakers sold (some amatuers sell boxes that may as well have been filled with bananas), this is not the concept we target. What we do, as speakermen, is provide the same product as all other audio companies do. We just provide them differently. At one time we sold Cerwin Vega surround sound packages for under Best Buy's wholesale prices. We just buy directly from these factories!! Idiots still complained...

We eliminate the cost of everheads, advertising and needless marketing expenses. This makes it possible for you to haggle our salesman to a price that would be impossible for stores to compete with. I'm saddned to hear how many people complain about the quality of the speakers they bought WITHOUT EVER hearing them first.

As the owner of such a speaker company, please understand that I only provide speakers that I GLADLY use once or twice myself (gladly being the operative word!). Test speakers are always played until they die!! In other words, only the small, the stupidly designed, and only built for the look speakers, ever die! If you bought the new towers or a simple surround sound with active sub, these things crank! Listen and love.... What did you think when first hearing them? Please let me know for future customers..

There are 3 reasons why you buy our speakers:

1) Our salesman simply, DROVE OVER YOU! We don't mean to take everything, but we seem to be taught our job of selling, better than you know yur job of buying. Watch the movie "SUCKERS" and you'll realize it's not only us slamming people. Diesel sell jeans with 1000% markup!

2) You listened to our speakers and decided to upgrade,

and 3) you thought they were stolen and wanted a good deal! (this being the most plausible of the 3.)

I have very simple, and maybe even blunt, explanations for these following questions:

1) WE WORKED HARD AT OUR JOBS. It's not completely your fault that your excuses of wives, that they are too large, too expensive and too weird for you. These didn't work. You really should have stuck by your guns and said NO. We never put a gun to your head!!

2) We gave you the deal, we even gave you the opportunity to listen first. Be as happy as you were when you first listened to them, just undertand the concept. If you payed $600-800.. I can understand your anger (you may have payed a little too much), but if you payed 200-400, be assured that our speakers have been tested by magazine experts (ALL bribed to the bone), to be worth between 300-500 per pair! It's all a matter of how greedy you, or the salesman were at the time of sale.

3) This is the best of them all, as you can all agree to this in some way. You thought you were buying stolen goods, when we assured you that you weren't, you told us you didn't care or felt convinced everything was in order. THIS IS TRUE, THE SPEAKERS AREN'T STOLEN (why do you think we continue? The police that stop us to ask what we are doing, also get sold).. On top of that, How could we give you a legitimate 5 year guarantee otherwise? You even dare to be angry when you've finally started beleiving that your "stolen" goods aren't worth as much as claimed. Listen to your old speakers, then ours. Which sound better?

You went to the police. They told you once again that the judge already told us in the last claim, "BUYER BEWARE!"

I would like to remind you again that, this is not a communist country! We wouldn't be selling here if it was. Again, a beer that costs $1.00 in any grocery or liquor store, can cost $4.00 in any pub or service store. These fluctuations in prices only exist because everyone loves a good beer and are willing to pay for it, as long as it's affordable at the time. We all love happy hour!!

Any questions or comments are warmly welcomed, and responded to, at:
iss_5y_warranty@hotmail.com
Best regards,
Australian Bjorn

Anonymous

I got hit in chicago. Same story. First he wanted 400 and beer money. I was able to talk him down to 200 with no beer money. I haven't tried them, but i did worry. He was driving a minivan (no back seat) from Ohio. Said he lives in the burbs. He did an install job at the water tower and the Teamster gave him one too many. Sure buddy. I think it's amazing that this guy can just tour the land selling this junk. If i doesn't work I'll post and let you all know. i think his name was shooby and he's irish.
Quick sell, so they better work!

Anonymous

I'm the one who got hit in chicago.

I tried it out.
The sound is not great. Worth the price you pay depending what you got.
Actually, no it's not. It's worth 200 bucks top. I got the receiver and the 6 piece speaker set. I don't need the speakers, so I'm only using the woofer and receiver. The receiver is not great. It only has three choices for analog inputs. For surround you need surround output from your source in analog RCA plugs; ie 3channel rca, No digital nor optical signals. The surround is a digital effect in the receiver. The worst feature is that the surround in controled by turn knobs on the unit and not functioned with main volume in the remote. Same with the woofer. Very complicated to continually balance it all. Go with one or the other: maxing out with stereo and a woofer (since the surround is not real to begin with). If you just need a shitty receiver and a woofer for under two hundred bucks, then it might be worth it.

To hell with that guy. I only feel suckered because of the lies. If he sold the unit as a salesman, not as a theif trying to hook you up out of a van, he might do better. Sell it for what it's worth, don't lie to us!
Price protection at retail stores. Remeber, they are competing, this guy is just hustling!

TMurda2003
Unregistered guest
I just got hit in Hilton Head, South Carolina. The short fat dude with a goatee was by himself in a silver or white **** car. From what I remember it was a early ninetys civic or something. It had Kentucky plates on it.

Dude had a nice little scam tho. Told me the whole boss will give them away. The best part was that his story sounded so real. He told me he was in a rush to get back to install it and his boss was waiting for him.

Anyway... he got me for 250... My moms money that i had JUST gotten out of the bank. He got me in the bank parking lot. I feel like such a **** face.

On the way home i was calling all my friends all excited and ****.

At least i have a good job, o well.

Unregistered guest
There are some guys driving round Leeds in England, same story, except that they are both english. £250! what a sucker. Beware the white van. I feel violated, but i guess I am mostly to blame.

Unregistered guest
I got hit by the same guys as JasonWhatsup. Hit me at Kingwood College (northside of Houston off of 59) trying for 800, gave him 400 tried for beer $ but i told him i was out. I had 5 bucks, plus a hidden $20 i "forgot"....all the cash i had. Same Story, botched job and screwing the boss over. Danny in the passenger seat, and Charlie in a white Durango, driving... gave me a phone # and took mine in case he came on another deal. Haven't called the guy to see if its real.

Danny as described above and Charlie was a about 6ft, light colored hair, earring(s?).
got me for the TI~440MR and even had the magizine. We opened the boxes, showwed me the crap, even offered to install it.
Worst thing about it, got me monday....today is my birthday.

I jumped on it because a friend of mine got the same deal minus a reciever on good, real, probably hot sony stuff a year ago...

leeds england
Unregistered guest
i just got these things for £250, they drove me home n installed the TI-1250's n i must say i was impressed. So wats wrong with them? should i sell them on before they fall apart or something?

Anonymous

Ils sont a Maryland et a Washington DC. La meme approche, un mini van blanc, il s'appelle Marc Adam Fetau, habit Columbia et j'ai son #. Bon j'ai paye $200 pour le TI-6200, pas de remote, pas de manuel d'instruction mais le systeme fonctionne, pas trop mal, mais j'ai pas encore essaye un dvd.

Anonymous

Ils sont a Maryland et a Washington DC. La meme approche, un mini van blanc, il s'appelle Marc Adam Fetau, habit Columbia et j'ai son #. Bon j'ai paye $200 pour le TI-6200, pas de remote, pas de manuel d'instruction mais le systeme fonctionne, pas trop mal, mais j'ai pas encore essaye un dvd.

lesson learned
Unregistered guest
The only people to be pissd off at here are yourselves, the ppl that bought these speakers, i fell for it and was obviously upset when i found this site but at the end of the day, if i hadnt have found this site i wud still be chuffed at the great deal i aparently got. the only thing im pissed off at is that my kids watch MTV base all day long and now have a cuple of rediculously loud speakers to annoy me and the elderly neighbors. Even tho i payed more that these speakers are worth, if they had a sony logo on i wouldnt have known the difference and probably wudav payed more for them from a sony shop. It was my greed tht blinded me from realising it was an obvious scam and im usually so carefull with my money! I see this as a lesson learned and a positive experience, something i will lookout for in the future and avoid being scammed again, and im just glad im not one of the people we all hear about that get scammed for thousands for house repairs or dodgy cars. Im happy with the speakers quality and it could have been so much worse.
Take care people

P.S. I was scammed in Portsmouth England (southsea), sounds like he had just moved on from brighton. He had 4 speakers in his white van and i bought 2 from him for £200. He also had about 4 other smaller boxes looked like subs he said he had to deliver.
He sold me the story that his boss would kill him if he came back with extra speakers and he didnt have any cash on him to send them via royal mail to his house. it was a californian guy done most of the talking (a great salesman, obviously not a delivery guy!) also a skinny london guy with him, that only took an interest when i mensioned i was a DJ, we talked for ages on the subject wich sorta led me to trust them, he kept saying how he so wanted them for himself. Seems to me like they prey on students as they wer hangin round the halls of residents and i heard many others had been aproached before but obviously wernt as foolish as myself.

NOTTINGHAM TRENT UNI
Unregistered guest
yes, there are around our parts and yes i got scammed!!! bit pissed of but to be fair they do work and the sound quality is not too bad!!! what the hell if i hadnt of seen this site i would of thought i was quids in!!

SPIEG it.. however i do have their registration number somewhere if anyone wants it!!

BEWARE

Unregistered guest
hi, i got scammed on ebay from Denise Pagan or Discute of Midland Park New Jersey scam business location or Clifton New Jersey where her and her boyfriend/husband Chris live this year on jan 30th, 2005 when i won the ebay auction listing and Feb. 20th when i actually paid for it through pay pal, when i bought the TI-440MR and i also thought that getting a home theatre system that was 3629.00 retail for 255.00 was an awesome deal, it was supposed to be a 1400 watt system with a 600 watt amp...the amp came damaged so i couldnt test it out BUT my brother who actually owns a 1000 watt SONY amp laughed when he seen the piece of junk/crap that i bought and got scammed for, i need help stopping her but i also want my money back first please help!!! its been more than 60 days to file with paypal and ebay any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! she has 5 listing on ebay right now with 3 different fake systems/stereos/speakers that have 3 different website links to fake sites, with fake email addresses fake phone numbers dont be fooled by the pic's try and call the phone numbers i did and one went to Glen Smith not a company and the other one even though they had stereos/systems/speakers listed on the page had no idea what i was talking about when i called them!!!...

enduser
Unregistered guest
what is her item number on e-bay?

Unregistered guest
I was scammed but I got his phone number, when I was buying the speakers I knew that something was wrong because they were in a big rush, so I asked if I can call from his phone number because I knew if ask him for the phone number he gonna lie. So that was his phone number and if you want to get his as cell phone# 931 217 3285. You can find by "searching people on internet" just paying about 20 bux and you get the address and stuff like this, so if you are really pissed off just get them. I'm really pissed of. I spent my rent money since I wanted to resell them.:-(

Unregistered guest
Tell your friends how you got scammed and tell them that it is never a good idea to buy anything on the streets. Do you know how fast the information goes through the people when we talk. Let your close people know that you got scammed so other people will not get scammed, especially your relatives, friends and others, not telling to anybody you just support these guys selling this sh!t.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us