Front(x2)-- Klipsch KLIRF7BLK
Surround(x4)-- Klipsch KLIRS7BLK
SUB(x2)---- Klipsch KLIRW10

Gaming--(when it comes out)
Play Station 3

Projector---
???????

Hows it look so far??

My budget is 25k for the entire room and its at about 17-18 with what I got so far..

Projector ideas?

Bronze Member
Username: Vexhold

Post Number: 14
anyone have any ideas? or basically what specs i need to look for?

Unregistered guest
HELP I HAVE BOUGHT A COMBI DVD/VCR COMBO I HAVE SCARTS ETC SET UP! BUT I CAN ONLY VIDEO NON SKY PROGRAMS, I MUST HAVE CONNECTED SOMETHING IN THE WRONG PLACE I HAVE TRYD EVERYTHING I CAN THINK OF! I WISH THE MAKERS WOULD PUT INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO CONNECT WHEN YOU HAVE SKY. THANK YOU.
PLEASE CAN YOU LET ME KNOW HOW TO SEE THE ANSWERS

Anonymous

give your job to an audio/video installer guy and stick to the direct tv...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
whats that supposed to mean? you think i cant handle some simple A/V crap..?

anonymous jerk?

Anonymous

"anyone have any ideas? or basically what specs i need to look for?"
Yeah, someone with experience in setting up and installing video equipment in a theater invironment.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 780
What is an "invironment"?

SUPERGRAN : Please do not hijack people's threads, thank you.

Directv, my suggestion is to go out and look at different projectors. Although people on this forum could recommend loads, your own eyes will not steer you wrong. At that price point, you will want to look for something with a DLP chip and at least 720p (or 768 as in most projectors) and lumens to match the "environment" (< see anon) if it's a dark room with daylight control, go for 1000 or less, if you have ambient light during daylight watching , go for around 1200-1500 but no higher. That's my opinion.

Anonymous

what is your reseller trying to sell you?

Silver Member
Username: Philman

Richmond, IN USA

Post Number: 117
I have to disagree on the light output. I just demo'd an InFocus 4500 lumen projector in my basement with 4 small windows (w/curtains) on a 15 x 8 wall and the clarity and intensity were just awesome!

I would not put a cap on the lumens as the brighter the more clarity you'll have. The downside is of course, Cost. Also, you'll suffer less lamp life as the light output goes up. Check out this link for a discussion on HT Projectors.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/home-theater-projectors.htm

my 2¢

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 793
try this one:http://www.projectorpoint.co.uk/homecinemaadvice.htm

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 794
Also , if you look on that same site www.projectorcentral.com under "home theater" projectors, all of them stay close to those guidelines as far as brightness I suggested.

Philman, if you are talking about the Infocus lp-850 (4500 lumens) projector, it is a pc configurated projector. 4500 lumens for watching a movie would make my eyes hurt in a matter of minutes. Just my op.

Username: Dm47rust

Los angeles, Ca U.s.

Post Number: 1
Anyone know how to program Humax DRT800 remote control for an Akai PDP5006H 50 inch Plasma TV? Every code I've tried does not work.

Also, have had difficulty connecting the Tivo unit to the Comcast Motorola HD cable box and Plasma TV. Any suggestions? I have a CD/Receiver with a Digital Audio Input. Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks.

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 815
Try opening your own thread Dave.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
as for ambient light there will bo ZERO..

it is a fully enclosed, dedicated 4 wall concrete room (except door-which will be sealed)

no windows..

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 819
Then I strongly suggest you do not follow Phil's advice. I would definitely go with something under 1000 lumens.

Silver Member
Username: Philman

Richmond, IN USA

Post Number: 118
I still stand on the Lumens cap issue but I'll go as far to say that you would probably not need the output of the 850 nor would you want to spend the $$$ on that model. HT models are really scaled back consumer models anyway offering more connection options and settings for changing the operation of unit to fit the application.

To Joe's point, you probably don't need that much output for your room (as you described). But keep in mind that the addition of ambient lighting (ie; sconces) is a factor to consider as this helps with eye strain and increases the need for additional lumens. Also in the links that Joe pointed out you will find discussions on the lumens issues as it relates to choices/issue of using different projector types DLP vs LCD, Fan noise, distance and screen size, screen material, etc,etc,etc. And the all important issue, the quoted Lumens is actually the MAX output and not the actual output (depending on config.)of the projector.

Now it's your money, and your setup, but as I continue to stress, I have seen several projectorized HT's and the impressive ones are the bright ones. (Joe's point considered)

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 822
It is refreshing to see someone disagree with finese like yourself Phil, thank you. You have my respect.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us