Onkyo hts 650 or Yahama yht 700

Dave Bostick
I have been looking at htib and decided on these 2, Onkyo hts 650 and Yahama yht 700. What I would like to know is which would be best for a living room that is approximately 15 by 25 feet. Thanks in advance.

Dave Bostick
Can anyone answer this? I can find no reviews on the yht-700. Only what the salesman says.

Anonymous
I never heard the YHT-700. I've had the Onkyo for about one month and I love it. I live in a medium size apt in NYC so I don't need a giant, but my Lroom is about 12x20 feet, so its smaller than yours. Despite what people have been saying, Onkyo has been around for a long time and they've always made very good products. Yamaha doesn't have that strong of a consumer audio line, but they are good too.

Dave Bostick
Thanks for the response. I decided to take a chance on the yht-700. The 650's speakers were very big. But they did sound nice.

Jeff
This is the exact same decision I made. I had planned on the Onkyo but when we saw how big the speakers were we decided to spend a little more for the Yamaha. I am very impressed by how the yht-700 handles music and movies are simply outstanding.

Please do post back with your impressions, I'm curious what others think of this system.

-Jeff

Anonymous
Big speakers with Onkyo?? I just replaced an older Kenwood system that had tower speakers about 4-5' tall each! These Onkyo speakers are micro-mini to me!

Anonymous
Go to www.epinions.com for the rest of the stories

Anonymous
All of the reviews rate the HT-S650 five stars
The YHT-700 averages 3-1/2 stars.

David Kay
I am looking at these 2 different systems, the yht540 looks good. But what is so "grand" about the HTS650

Please help if you can
THANKS

davidkay
If any one could tell me what site to look at, that would be great.

THANKS
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us