Equipment advice needed

Username: Kenshin

Post Number: 1
Hi All,

I need some advice on my new setup. Currently I have a Samsung 50" DLP HLR-5067W, a Bose Lifestyle 5.1 speaker system, and a pair of Pioneer SE XB 1 headphones. I am purchasing a Denon DVD-2910 and a Denon receiver (either AVR-1705 or AVR-2105). I live in a condo and am limited to the volume of my system. I primarily use the Pioneer 5.1 phones for DVD viewing and Xbox gaming. I use the Bose speakers occaisionally but as stated I am limited to how much I can crank up the system. My question is this, which receiver should I go with? The Denon AVR-1705 has all the power I need, but the 2105 has a few more nice features (video upconversion, 7.1 surround) I want the best quality sound for my needs. Will I hear a noticeable difference in one receiver over another even at lower speaker volumes with both headphones and speakers? Which receiver would you suggest based on my use? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Unregistered guest
Hi, I want to buy a home theater system and I prefer to buy the best components rather than the home theater in a box.
Could you suggest the best brand for receiver, speakers and DVD player.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us