Seek your opinions

Username: Luvdodo

Fairfax, VA USA

Post Number: 1
Hi there!

I've moved into my first new home and would like to setup a decent HT. I already have a TV, a DVD and Video player that I'd like to carry along.

So I guess I need the RECEIVER and SPEAKER System. I would prefer a 7.1 supporting system and will start off with the 5.1 speaker set. My total budget is around $1500.

Greatly appreciate and value your feedback.

Thanks,

Dods.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 282
for that budget I would spend 500-700 on rec and 800-1000 on speakers inc sub. as far as what kind go and listen for yourself not just at the big chains but at some of the smaller ones too. I personally like hifibuys(tweeter) they tend t be a little higher priced than others but the cust service is unparalleled.

Username: Luvdodo

Fairfax, VA USA

Post Number: 2
Thanks Joe, will look into this one.

Username: Pinchaser

Post Number: 9
Bunny,

I recently indulged with the same budget.. at least that was where I started.

I ended up deciding between the Sony Elite 54tx and The Yamaha 2500. In all honesty I dont know which is best after months of research so I went for the Sony from eaby at 619. I like it... but the fmaily might have liked the Yamaha because it is easier to use.

For speakers I was considering Axioms, specifically the mti22's all around (429 per pair x 5 speakers about 1000). But I was not comfortable buying them without hearing them so I bought Klipsh X3 series from Best Buy... about 1200 for speakers. You could choose the x2 series and it would be abit cheaper.

My suprize was the wiring costs. I spent another 400 for all Monster Cabling and power bar. In all, I started with a 1500 budget and ended up spending about 2200 but I am happy.

IMHO, I would suggest that you would be happier investing in a good amp, and starting with good fronts and center. Then adding the surrounds in pairs down the road instead of getting everything will less quality.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us