"BUZZING" sound coming from reciever,help!

Username: Twistednc

Post Number: 1
A friend of mine gets these THEATER INNOVATIONS home theater systems "hot" and the retail value was supposidly 3,000$(which it said on the box). So i decided to buy one - I paid 350$. After setting it up, when i turn it on its quiet. Then once i plug an rca into it from my computer or the tv, it makes an annoying "buzzing" sound , even when the system is on standby. I have no clue why this is happening. My friend even switched the reciever for me cause i thought it was that. But its still doing it!. Im really getting pissed now he cant refund my money, can someone help and give me some advice if theres anyway i can fix this problem?... The sub is built into the receiver if t hat matters. ill answer any questions..the buzzing sound is pretty loud---helpppppppppp - tthanks
TWISTEDnc@aol.com

Post Number: 2
I realized today how the buzzing sound is happeneing....I have the rcas plugged into my tv...and when the cable is plugged into my tv it makes the sterio buzz? when i unplugg the cable it stops buzzing... anyone know whats goin on here?

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 317
did these come from a couple of guys with "extra inventory"...did they want beer money?
the reason they are buzzing is because they are made out of cheap electronics.
Oh and these products are not "hot" that is how the products are sold, the sales reps are making it sound like you are getting a good deal and that they are ripping off their boss or the company they work for. Even the magazine ads they show you is fake.
There is no fix for your problem, just try to get your money back...even at $350, it's still too much to pay.

Post Number: 3
Ya, i figured all this out after i bought it... thanks for the advice tho, i appriciate the reply.. just curious tho... where do these stereos even come from?

Jan Vigne
Unregistered guest
nicky c - I'm tempted to tell you to take your reciever and your receipt to the nearest warranty repair center. But that's too obvious. How 'bout you get a couple a goombahs and you go teach this "friend" o yours a lesson in where these stereos are gonna end up! They come from the same place where you bought your car stereo that still had part of the dashboard connected to it. You have a ground loop which is causing the problem. Everything is at a different ground potential, especially the cable TV hook up. You can try running a heavy extension cable to hook everything up to one AC outlet and see if that helps but you will probably have to call the cable company and see if they have a filter you can install.

Pete
Unregistered guest
Its a scam
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/12407.html

Check this site out

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1191
yeah, thanks for the heads up there, Pete
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts