Big screen moving help needed

Unregistered guest
I will soon be moving my Mitsubishi big screen over 1,000 miles at the end of this month. It is a widescreen model that can be split in three pieces: 1) the screen 2) the base with speakers and electronics 3) the back part of the cabinet with the mirror. Should I leave the set together or split apart to transport? It will be moved in a Uhaul truck with the rest of my household things. Any advice of thing to be aware of or anything else would be greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 707
Geezman......are you kidding??

Leave it together!! They arent meant to be broken down by anyone other than trained technicians!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Philman

Richmond, IN USA

Post Number: 80
I would recommend placing as far to the Front of the truck as possible to minimize road G's. Also,
get yourself some High density styrofoam packing blocks 4-6" (UPS Store or other packaging store) and place under the corners of the TV, Cover screen with Cotton blanket and protect with cardboard (Don't let cardboard ride against screen!) Secure, And Drive carefully!!!

Will most likely have to do convergence alignment (at a minimum) when you arrive the new location.

Good Luck.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 215
aw shucks throw it up on the subaru wrx and go buddy, the faster you get there the better.j/k

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 740
Best advice.......

Hire movers. That way you wont even break a sweat.

Heh
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us