Building a new System

Username: Oryx

Post Number: 1
I've finally decided to take the plunge and build a new home theater but have a couple of questions from the people here.

The proposed system:
TV: Hitachi 60VS810
Receiver: Denon 4806 (Assuming it comes out in the next couple of months as the 5805 is too much money)
DVD: Denon 3910
Line Conditioner: Monster HTS5100SS (My area has very unclean power out in the country)
Front LRC speakers: SpeakerCraft Aim8-Five
Surround LS,RS,RL,RR speakers: SpeakerCraft Aim8-Three
Sub: Paradigm Seismic-12

The reason I am opting for the in ceiling speakers is for aesthetic looks for my wife. It is the compromise I needed to make to build the system.

My questions are:
Do you see any glaring problems or holes in this set-up?

Also, I have to build a custom cabinet to house the equipment and my wife wants the sub hidden inside the bottom of the cabinet with a cloth door. Will this kill the bass and just not work, or is this doable if I seal the 5 internal sides.

Thanks
Oryx (first post)

Bronze Member
Username: Max190

Maryland Heights, Missouri US

Post Number: 23
B,
Heres my suggestion... if this system is going in your living room, and you have a basement, buy the wife a nice plasma for the living room and set your theater up downstairs.

Bag the Speakercraft's and buy the Paradigm Monitor 5's or 7's for your fronts, CC-370 center, ADP-370 side surrounds, Mini's surround back, and a PW-2200 Sub.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us