$5000 to spend on new system - help

Username: Beastie10

Cayman Islands

Post Number: 3
I lost my house through Hurricane Ivan and am just designing a new one. I've managed to sneak in an 18ft by 18ft hexagon shaped entertainment/boys room. I want to use it to listen to music, watch movies and sports.

Im sorted with the TV. Im going to replace the Samsung 61 DLP I lost, but I used to have a Bose Lifestyle 50 and want something more serious.

I want the system to watch DVDs, play CDs and probably most often listen to music from the computer. (Cant begin to rebuy all those CDs).

I also want surround sound and like paradigm speakers.

Can anyone suggest anything? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 109
denon amp , axiom speakers, denon dvd, velodyne sub(s)

Cayman Islands

Post Number: 4
Thanks. Do you have model numbers? Can you briefly say why. I suppose the $5000 could be flexible if need be.

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 112
do you want 7.1 if so go with denon 2805 , axiom epic 50 or 60 setup for speakers, and denon 2100 dvd, I say denon because for a mid to high level amp it shines, my friends have onkyo , sony , panasonic and yamaha and my denon whoops them all day long with music especially, and even though I do not own the axioms I have heard them and you cannot get a better speaker for double the price of the axioms in my op.

Cayman Islands

Post Number: 5
Thanks Joseph - I will do some research on those models and revert with any questions. 7.1 would be fine, but I'm quite relaxed as to whether its 5.1 or 6.1.

If anyone else has any ideas that would be appreciated. I would then be able to compare items etc.

Cayman Islands

Post Number: 7
Thanks for the advice. It seems spot on. The reviews of the Axiom are great. I may well go for the 3805 for the la-dee-da factor, but I'm struggling to find much on the denon 2100 dvd - is this the right model number?

Silver Member

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 117
maybe not sorry its the 2910
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us