Yamaha RX V350 Sound Problem

Username: Bigbrown

Post Number: 1
Hi Everyone. I have a current DD & DTS setup in my home with all Sony components so when I bought the above receiver and tried to get it to playback DD & DTS - I was surprised when it wouldnt. I spent about 2 hours on it and for the life of me, i couldnt get it to playback DD or DTS. I have an entry level Sony dvd player and a PS2 hooked up to this receiver. With the PS2 - I have it connected with the optical - and it plays stereo only - No DTS or DD. The DVD p[ayer is hooked up via co axial but to the "cd" input of the is amp as this is the only coax input - does this mean that i can't use the dvd player as it is for DD and DTS? Will i need a coax - optical convertor or can i simply press the Cd function button and DD etc should be there?I just cant get the receiver to play anyhting other than stereo - i even tried master reset in case i had changed something - but nothing works. any help appreciated. and on my PS2 - the menu says " optical out" on or off - not DTS on or off - is this normal?

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 101
the playstation has hardly any titles that I know of that are dd only pro logic II, I say put that optical on the dvd and put it in the right input and try it , also you probably have tried this but chk the dvd settings to make sure dd is default, same with the reciever
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us