Ohm question (hooking up 2 rear speaker sets)

Username: Billkwando

Maryland USA

Post Number: 2
Hello all! This is my first post here in this forum and I had a question about adding/alternating a 2nd set of rear surround speakers for my home theater/gaming setup.

I have a racing seat/cockpit for gaming (http://www.playseats.com), I have an extra set of speakers, and I wanted to be able to hook up the second set behind the headrest of my seat for racing so I can have rear surround proper (my other speakers are too far away).

I wanted to be able to hook up the 2nd set of rear speakers without having to unhook the original pair, keeping an extra set of wires under the rug, but I don't know if that would drive my receiver too hard. I have a Sony HT-DDW660, and though the review on the site says it's 8 Ohms, the speakers themselves say 6 Ohms.

My other set of speakers (don't laugh!) are Optimus XTS-8s (hey I only need to hear tires squeeling).

These are the specs for the XTS-8s:
http://support.radioshack.com/support_audio/doc34/34560.htm

Would it be safe to run both sets of speakers on the rear channel at the same time or do I run the risk of blowing or tripping something?

I don't play it at very high volumes while racing but at the same time I want to feel safe to crank it up enough to enjoy the experience (what car runs deafeningly loud anyway?). I would be detaching the extra set of speakers when not racing.

I wish I had the exact specs for the Sony speakers but unfortunately they seem to only come with HTIB systems and are hard to find any info on.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions on anything (including placement and distance from seat...lol!).

Maryland USA

Post Number: 4
Nice how this board tells you it's going to display your real name......oh wait it didn't, did it! Annoying.....lol

Maryland USA

Post Number: 8
bump

Maryland USA

Post Number: 10
This board sucks....I'm taking my posts to audioholics.com LOL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help