Major problem...

Username: Spinoff90

Post Number: 6
Not sure if this is the place to ask since my problem isn't planning but I am really hoping somebody can help since I have a major problem.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/124757.html

I posted about that on the weekend and bought the stuff I needed last night. When I woke up today I rushed down to the HDTV to hook it up. I watched two DVDs with progressive scan on my DVD player which is hooked up with Acoustic Research AP091 6' Component Video Cables. I had no problems at all and was in love with how much better it looked. Then decided to try out the MadCatz component cables I bought for my PS2 and Xbox. I originally tried GT4 in 1080i which was fine and then decided to try Tekken 5. I switched it to progressive and everything was going fine, I started a fight and then during the fight everything turned mostly red, there was still some small signs of green and blue but no other colors. I restarted the PS2 and this time the second I switched it to progressive scan everything went reddish right away. So I tried Xbox in 480p and the same thing. At first I thought it was just the cables and was going to go take them back tonight. However, I was just going to watch another DVD thinking that would still be fine but have discovered it is the same way but a little different since there isn't really any specific color that seems to be more than another. It is just really messed up with green, blue and red then no other colors. So have the MadCatz cables done something that has wrecked my TV if I try to use anything in progressive mode? Or when I originally posted on another forum somebody said it sounded like there was a short in the blue and green cables of the MadCatz component cables. But if that happened is it possible they also caused a short in the Acoustic Research AP091 6' Component Video Cables that were hooked up with the DVD player? And if so what would have caused it? My internet has constantly gone down today so I think they are working on the lines by my house. I highly doubt this but could the guys working on cable lines somehow caused a surge to my TV. Like I said I highly doubt this one since it only effects progressive scan and if they did something I think it would effect everything. I am going to the stores I bought my TV and component cables from tonight to try to get help so an answer in the next two hours would help me out since I don't have a clue what could go wrong and a lot of times the guys that work there are useless.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us