I need help and am clueless

Username: Spinoff90

Post Number: 1
I have had an HDTV ready Wega for a while now and never got around to hooking it up due to a lack of knowledge with component cables and stuff. So I am hoping you can help me out.

The first problem though is I don't know what the model number of my TV is since we don't have the box. But I do have a picture which I am hoping will help you help me. http://img110.exs.cx/img110/4383/p10104543wn.jpg

Now the second problem is because of how it is in the wall like that I can't just look behind it and have to move it all the way out which can be a hassle. So does anybody know for sure before I buy cables if this TV has places to put component cables in the back?

So now onto what I would be setting up. I want to hook up a DVD Player (Sony DVP-NS715P Progressive-Scan) and I want to use my Xbox and PS2 with it. So first with the DVD player do I only need one thing of component cables and then hook them from the TV to DVD player.

For now I am hoping to just get these ones because they are cheaper and I have been spending a lot on games so my budget is a little limited for the next month.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10017075&logon=& langid=EN&dept=0

But since they only have one in stock if I need more than that I am not sure if it will work. Right now I just have basic cable so I don't have an HD outlet for cable or anything. So other than the DVD player do I need to hook up component cables anywhere else?

Other than the consoles of course. For those I am just going to get the cheap Mad Catz Universal component cables ( http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10046642&logon=& langid=EN&dept=0 )which work for both Xbox and PS2 for now and when I get more money look into better ones. But I am still clueless about one thing. On the back of the TV if I have component cables hooked up between the TV and DVD player (Assuming that is what I have to do) are there still inputs for this?

Ok I think that is all I needed to ask. So any help would be appreciated :-)

Silver Member
Username: Dirtfarmer

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 516
Matt Wilson
for model no# look on the manual that came with machine, more time then not it printed on front or some where

lol and i was going to say move it, but i gluess you do not want to lol
i also have a site that could answer some of your question as i made it lol
Message Board: Home Theater: Home Theater Setup & Planning: The ultimate theatre setup guide
Use this link to go directly to the discussion:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/113395.html

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the help.

I figured out what I need except one thing. I don't know if I need to get an audio cable as well, if I don't need one at all or if I can use the cables that came with my TV for that.

Post Number: 3
Meant to say came with my DVD player not TV.

Silver Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 517
did you get any cable that color code red yellow or red, that the a/v cable that use to be the most pop;ular

red and white are audio and yellow was video

now day sopme are useing a s-video cavle and not use the a/v video yellow cable

Post Number: 4
Yeah the cable has red, white and yellow. So if I just hook in the red and white ones and leave the yellow one unhooked I could use it?

Silver Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 519
if you have no cable hook up you ahve to use all 3
lol if you never use the yellow video a/v cable you have no picture, onless you use the s-video cable, but most like you do not have one, as most co do not send it,, all there send is the 3 a/v
so

and did you look at the site i told you to in the first place
just connect all 3 cable to back of machine, ther are color code on back of machine so no problem ther
just make sure you use the right port plug as ther input ones and output ones

Post Number: 5
The component cables I am buying would be hooked up for the video and then I also need an audio cable according to the TV manual which is what I am wondering if I can use the old ones for. So I wouldn't be using the yellow cable on the old cables for video.

Silver Member

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 520
if you are sure you have the video hook up, just connect the red and white one for audio
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us