Samsung HT-DM550

Big Al
Hey guys, I just came back from Best Buy. I originally went there to buy a Ht-dm150 that I saw on sale. They had 2 boxes laying out, A HT-DM150 and a HT-DM550. I asked the guy what was the difference and he said the 550 was the same thing as the 150 and that they just changed numbers. I took the 550 to the cashier and it came up the same price as the 150, $299, but you get a $50 gift cart with the purchase. I got home and looked up the 550 and its a 450watt instead of 300watt like the 150. Plus it has an out and in optical. All this for $299 plus a free $50 gift card. Best Buy screwed up, go out and get one!!

Kevin A. Brown
You are on the money dude. I bought the DM550 and it works great out of the box. CNET rated the performance as a 9 out of 10. And the price, which as of last week was $299 - $50 gift card at Best Buy, was great. Grab this quick if you can get that deal, the system sounds great and 4:3 pull down circuitry produces a great picture on the component inputs of my 52" HiRes RCA. The only negative is the remote seems a little cheesy, o'well you can't win'm all.

Ramesh
The best buy in woodbridge, NJ has it for $399. Please let us know from which Best Buy u got it.
Thx.

I have just wired in my DM550. Looks and sounds fantastic. Connected it to the TV (Aftron) using the cable supplied - no problem. After leafing through the manual (I am one of those gals who puts it together then looks in the manual to see if I got it right!) am trying to decide - it is worth changing the cable (composite for component)? As the TV is fairly basic will it make any difference? Bought RCA cable but after connecting it the picture is now black and white? Have checked and looks like everything is connected in the right place? Have I screwed up somewhere or could there be a fault in the output from the DM550 (definitely not a problem with the TV or the cable) as composite and component use different outputs?

BTW - didnt cost me a penny for my DM550 - I won it! Can't beat that price!!!!!!

Hey, folks, take a look at the thread here about the DM-150 for cooling information.

I bought the 550 just before Christmas and last night it froze up. For some reason the cooling fan wasn't operating and the thing heated up too much.

Make sure you have it in a well ventilated area!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us