Onkyo Ht S650 connection problems

docwarri
I just bought a HT S650 system, works beautifully, great sound. Only problem is, I cannot get a video signal for my VCR (Panasonic PV 4522) through the receiver, it works fine if I connect directly to the TV. I have also connected my cable box to the receiver, and get a video signal, so its not a problem with the output.I called Onkyo and they suggest replacing the receiver. Any ideas? What is the "Monitor out: outlet for, since the TV is connected through the "video out "?
Thanks.

The VIDEO OUT from your vcr should be hooked up to the VIDEO IN for VIDEO 1 on the receiver. The VIDEO IN from your vcr should be hooked up to the VIDEO OUT for the VIDEO 1 on the receiver. The TV must be hooked up to the MONITOR OUT.

The cable box must be hooked to the VIDEO 2 inputs on the receiver.

This should resolve your problem. Let me know if it doesn't.

Good choice on the Onkyo HTS 650. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. :0)

Blue King
I just bought an Onkyo HT-S650. I hooked up a DVD player and VCR through the receiver (from HT-S650). I have S-video and composite video between DVD player and receiver, TV and receiver, only composite video between VCR and receiver. I only get audio when playing the VCR. DVD plays fine. BUT, if I take off the S-video cable from the TV, VCR video signal goes through and it works fine. It is like the S-video cable on the TV blocks the composite video signal. What should I do so that I don't have to unplug the s-video cable from the TV when playing the VCR? I think I had it working once :-(, don't know what I changed and now it doesn't work any more.

BTW, if I hook the composite video out from the receiver to TV's video 3, it works fine for the VCR. But I have to switch TV video mode when I switch dvd/vcr.

Thanks for any help.

Anonymous
Can the HT-S650 be played at normal TV volume when the wife is watching her soaps and talk shows?

Blue King
I think the S-video cable actually blocks the composite video input. If you want to use s-video for dvd and composite video for VCR, your TV needs at least two video inputs and one of which has s-video. Once you hook up s-video, the corresponding composite input is disabled. This seems to be the case for me. If I am wrong, please let me know.

Thanks.

rob p
on your satellite (or cable) you should have 2 video outs - one rca cable set (yellow, red & white) & the other coax. connect the rca set to the onkyo on video 2 & the coax to the tv. this will enable your wife to watch her shows without turning on your receiver. hope this helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us