How do I connect my Samsung speakers to my JVC receiver (newbie)

Username: Savageice

Post Number: 1
I bought a JVC receiver (model XV-N410) and Samsung speakers from the HT-DB600 model, separately. Included with the speakers were 5 grey speaker wires - 4 into speakers and 1 into subwoofer. I understand to connect black to negative and red to positive, but I don't know WHAT to do with the other end of the speaker wires? Also HOW do I connect them to my receiver??

Any Help would be greatful.

Bronze Member
Username: Usa2k4

Post Number: 28
Isn't the JVC XV-410 a DVD player? I don't think it's a receiver.

Post Number: 2
Yes, you are right. Are you telling me there is no way to connect the two becuase I should have bought a receiver, not a dvd player?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
You'll need a receiver, my friend, to connect the speakers/subwoofer and the DVD player to it.

Post Number: 3
Any receiver would do? How much do they cost? And aren't recievers also dvd players?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Yep, but IMO, a 6.1 AV receiver would be better because you won't need to upgrade to a newer one in a long time. However, if you also bought the main unit of the HT-DB600 with 5-DVD changer, you'll not need to buy another receiver. If you only bought the speakers without the main unit, you do need a receiver.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
I forgot to say most receivers do not have DVD built-in DVD players. Some do, in case of Home Theater in a Box (HTiB).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us