How do I get my stereo speakers to play through my TV's sound?

pyl2os
Unregistered guest
I just bought a new Sony Home Theater System from Bestbuy for 200 bucks. I managed to get it to play the DVD player and VCR sound fine, BUT I can't get any TV sound to play when I am channel surfing. Is there anyway I can fix this problem?

Also, I have this coaxial digital cord that was provided with system, but I don't know what it is for...none of the appliances I have actually have a coaxial jack. Could anyone tell me what this is for and what to do with it?

Any info would be greatly appeciated...my e-mail address is pyros161616@hotmail.com if you would rather e-mail me. -David

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2410
That is for a DVD player or any equipment that has a coaxial digital output.

If you want TV sound, you have to get your TV connected to the receiver by using the TV's audio output.

pyl2os
Unregistered guest
There is no coaxial digital output on the DVD player I have this hooked up to, instead I have it hooked up with a optical digital cable. I am not sure if this changes anything, but the optical jack was the only one that my DVD player had that was compatiable to the entertainment system.
I have tried to hook the TV up via its audio output, but it doesn't seem to help...all that this theater system has for audio input is one for my DVD player and one for Video. I have an audio cable connecting my TV to the Video jack, but I get nothing? And when I want to play the DVD sound I have to play it with the Video mode on the Home Theater system not the DVD mode.
Any idea what is going on with my audio?
-David
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us