Sub and speaker help needed

Question #1: I am looking for advice for subs for home theater. I would like to spend under $500 and I know I will not get GREAT performance, but should be able to get very good performance for that price. The Boston PV600 sounds pretty good. I also notice quite a few Klipsch KSW12s flying off the shelves. I do not think (to my ears) that the Klipsch sounds as good as the BA. Anyone have an opinion on either? Anyone have other suggestions for subs that I should go listen to?

Question #2: I am considering adding Klipsch RC-3IIs and RC-7s to go with the Onkyo TX-SR700 I just bought. My front speakers are a pair of Energy ESM1s (about 15 years old, but sound good). My wife (of course) would like smaller fronts so our living room doesn't have that "dorm feel" as she calls it. Any opinions on the Klipsch speakers (which sound great to me)? Should I bag all of that and buy a matched system like the Polks (which I think will not sound as good - and I'd like to stay around $750-&1000)? Can I get smaller speakers that will sound as good or better than larger speakers?
Thanks!!
Kasey

eCoustics
Answer #1: Check out the SVS 25-31PCi subwoofer at $549. It proved to be the best buy in our recent subwoofer face-off.

Answer #2: Haven't heard those Klipsch models, but some small sub/sat speaker systems can sound big. Polk is certainly worth auditioning.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us