Looking for advice on surround system $1k-ish budget, in wall speakers, flush mount

Username: Dc_pilgrim

Post Number: 1
Complete beginner here. Trying to design a system for my house. Was planning to spend about $1k on the audio system (receiver/amp, sub, speakers, wires) and probably about 500 on an installer. Might skinny up a bit if need be. For aesthetic reasons, I am only looking at in-wall sattelite speakers - and strongly prefer ones that can be mounted flush and painted.

Otherwise I am pretty open. Been looking at Onkyo and Marantz receivers - but nothing is set in stone. Speakers will primarily be used for movies, and some music. I am not a purist on audio. Might eventually stream some mp3's in, and would prefer a receiver with optical inputs - but that seems pretty common.

Attached is the layout (can't tweak the furniture much at all), and suggested speaker placements by one store. I would secretly like to do 6.1 (instead of 5.1), by adding a center above the stools. Wiring it in the wall would be hard, any one use the flat wires you can drywall in? I'd like the wires and speakers to be pretty decent, with some upside in each. The tv is just a 27" CRT. Will be upgraded eventually, but not for a while. Sound system is first.

Any suggestions, equipment/layout?
text/plainUpload
layout.txt (0.9 k)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us