Help me to configure Optical setup.

Bronze Member
Username: Citsathish

Jersey, NJ US

Post Number: 12
I am using yamaha rxv-640 home theater system. I was trying to see the quality of sound difference between the optical output and the coaxial one.
I first connect my DVD's audio output to receiver's DVD input later
i connect the DVD's optical output to receiver's optical input...meanwhile the audio output of my DVD cable also still connected. becos if i disconnect it then there is no audio.
The problem is i could find any bright difference in optical connectivity.
Is this a very mild difference in output clarity with the optical output. I tested the movie "Lord of the Ring"...

please help me to configure my optical setup.

Scotty2Hotty
Unregistered guest
I thought there was no difference in sound quality between opt. and coax...

Kruz
Unregistered guest
yes there is a difference.......but ONLY when u get into 9.1++(parralell not actually 9.1 just emulation) optical is better....but for just ur everyday home theatre system go digital coax

1 reason

its cheaper :D

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1660
if you disconnect the audio output of the dvd player and there is no sound...here's a clue...the optical output is not working!

Bronze Member
Username: Citsathish

Jersey, NJ US

Post Number: 13
Berny....are you sure the optical output is not working that if i disconnect the audio output from the dvd player and only the optical output of dvd palyer is connected to receiver.
if suppose the problem with optical output then how to resolve it..is there any problem with cable incompatible..? Mine is sony DVD player but i am using audiotechnic optical cable.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1724
Try getting a new optical cable. If it is broken, you can't resolve it.
Check the configuration of your DVD player if it is set to output digital audio.

Bronze Member
Username: Forcedinduction

Post Number: 22
There will be no difference in sound. The EXACT same signal is being decoded using your D/A converter on your receiver.

For example:
If the optical cable sends 1010111 to the receiver the digital coax also sends 1010111 to the receiver. You cannot get anything different using DIGITAL signals.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us