Surround sound setup by NEWBY!Help please!!!

Username: Lindawalker1517

Post Number: 2
Here's the dilemma with these new components that I have: 31" Sanyo stereo television; Emerson DVD/VCR combo. unit (I have found out it can't be programmed for use on receiver I have, so will have to use separate remote for it); RCA receiver and Direct TV satelite receiver. We have it all hooked up, and guess what, it's not right!
1) I can't program the receiver for the TV/Sat/or DVD, it won't accept the codes provided;
2) When I perform the sound test tones via remote from receiver, the in-ceiling speakers (4 of them) and center bookshelf speaker all give tones and allow me to set the decible, but will not work with components on (i.e. television at this point). I have tried to program the remote by changing from analog to digital, but it won't let me do that either;
3) confusing me regarding the dvd/vcr combo., there is not a white/yellow/red connection for me to do video, only audio. There is a video output with green, blue, ?, what do I need to do? Hubby has hooked up the audio output instead, but nothing for video output, other than an S video cable running from the DVD/VCR component to the television itself, as there is no S video connection on the receiver. Television does work with Direct TV coming thru great, with nice picture, but sound is only coming from television speaker instead of the surround speakers.
If someone has a diagram showing hookups, or someone is willing to do a hand drawn description of how to hook this whole mess up, it would be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to email it to me if you have time.

howlswolf
Unregistered guest
wow its even hard to understand what your saying ... maybe start by writting us a detail list of your component and the connection they have ...

RGB (YUV) connection from your dvd will give better picture than the RCA (yellow cable) but you still have to connect the Red and white cable for the sound .. hope this help a bit
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us