NEW DVD (s) not working

Anonymous

have purchased 2 new DVD players in the last month and each one has had difficulties reading DVD rentals. Thank god for returns.
First one was a JVC and worked for first two movies, after a night off we went to play another movie and would not acknowledge any disc "no disc" was alwasy displayed even after altering discs? Even tried to view prev. nights viewed DVD and still "no disc"??
Second one is a Toshiba & worked and in the middle of a movie it just stopped and quit?? Now it will not show any picture of any disc even though the player shows disc as being played? NOthing has been changed from initial hookup so what would make it just stop??

Username: Tim

Post Number: 25
There's been definitiely no changes to the regions? Has it been chipped/unlocked?

Presumably you've checked all the connections?

Have you tried resetting everything to factory defaults?

Will it still play audio CDs?

Username: Tim

Post Number: 26
Also have a read of this thread:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/2156.html
Inbetween the "How do I unlock this?" and "My DVD player won't work" posts there are a few genuine suggestions about what may be wrong.

One guy had a "weak laser". When that was fixed, his machine worked fine.

I suggest you take your machine back to the dealer with the relevant DVD and see if you can get them to replicate the problem. I appreciate that may not be possible with a rental DVD, but unless you can get the dealer to see what the problem is, and how it is triggered, the chances of them working out how to prevent in future are limited.

What are the models by the way?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us