DVD Audio Distortion

Bonnie Hall
Unregistered guest
We have a Toshiba DVD player hooked directly into our Sony television (it has surround sound) with an S-cable. When watchinging DVDs the sound is so distorted that we need to watch the closed captioning to follow the dialog. The music is too loud and the conversations too soft to understand. We did the audio test that is on the "Finding Nemo" DVD and one of the 5 channels does not show any volume. What should we do to rectfy this problem. At this point we're leaning toward watching videos again.

3m3rson
Unregistered guest
It sounds like you may not have your equipment connected or set up properly. Your S-Video only carries the picture, which means you're either using red and white analog cables or a digital connection (optical or coaxial)... I'm guessing the analogue cables. Also, to clarify, your TV doesn't have "surround sound".. either you're talking about virtual surround sound (where the TV's two stereo speakers produce a wide sound field that mimics surround sound) or you have a digital receiver with 5+ speakers positioned around your room. In any case, you're getting sound, so that leads me to believe that there are some audio settings in your TV or DVD player that need to be tweaked. It would help to know you're TV and DVD model in this instance, and also to clarify how your audio system is set up...

Bonnie Hall
Unregistered guest
Thank you for responding to my question. Our tv is a sony 35" KV-35S66 and the DVD is a Toshiba is a SD-K510.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us