You guys buy monster cable?

paco
Unregistered guest
just curious, do you guys buy into the expensive monster cables? like monster 3? ive got a friend that works at BB and he can get me about 50% off, so at that price, might as well. but does it really make a difference? my whole system is run of S-video (no component inputs, 36" tube). and he thinks i should upgrade all my cheapy s-vid's to monster 3, or at least monster 2.

i know cables is where they make there $$, but even at half off, its still kind of expensive.

thanks

Username: Hampshire

Post Number: 3
Only two reasons to buy Moster Cable.

1) Durablity
2) Won't corrode (which does degrade signal)

Otherwise, all the claims of improved this or that are false.

paco
Unregistered guest
so those mid-line Acoustic research cables will do the exact same thing? for like componenet/s-vid/composite?

Username: Hampshire

Post Number: 4
AR cables will do the exact same thing, they just aren't as pretty.
I won a bet once with my entire audio sales staff. They swore by Monster 11 gauge speaker cable having superior sound quality.
We used a Yamaha amp, Sony cd player, JBL towers and music of their choice. I used recoton 16 gauge and they used the monster. We had it set up so they could swith back and forth quickly.
They had to listen to 5 seperate tracks clicking back and forth between cables and say "A" is monster "B" is Recoton.
Results were all over the place and no one matched all 5 tracks.
Needless to say, they still push it because they're salesmen.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us