Sony VCR recording in black & white

Unregistered guest
My Sony VCR which is not that old and hasn't been used very much seems to work fine, records ok but on playback it plays in black & white instead of colour - anyone any ideas?

Anne
Unregistered guest
My sony VCR just did the same thing tonight. During rewinding or ff the tape was in color, but during play it was b&w

Sony Help
Unregistered guest
Do you have it connected through a dvd player, or is there a dvd player in the equation?? This could have a bearence on this, otherwise sounds like the heads on the video try running a tae cleaning cassette but if you do do this make sure you use a 'dry' one as wet runs the risk of damaging more.

Anonymous

I have recently had a technician call to replace a connection from my TV to the cable box as I had poor reception on some recently added movie channels. since his visit my VCR only plays Black and White although it is recording in colour( I tested a recorded tape on another TV) The cable company insist the problem is not their responsibility and my equipment must be faulty. I tried retuning and bought a new scart cable,but this has not helped. Is it possible the extra channels are interfering with the VCR? Everything was fine until the engineer's visit. Can anyone help?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us