SONY KDF-50WE655

Username: Natlib

Post Number: 1
Its finally almost here. What does everyone think??

Tim J
Unregistered guest
Just got it delivered this weekend. Bought it for $2429 on a Circuit City web special ($870 off! Maybe they meant to discount the old model but made an error?) Anyway, it looks great; The World Series looked spectacular on an HDTV antenna and DVD's look great. My cable company (RCN Chicago) doesn't have HDTV yet and won't for the forseeable future, so I need the antenna. Regular cable looks so-so, but watchable. If anyone is thinking of buying it, do it, but make sure you get a discount; You shouldn't have to pay $3299 anywhere. Also hoping it doesn't have the lamp problems of the previous model.

Unregistered guest
I have the 42" version and I love this TV. I have regular cable and depending on the signal, it even looks good. HD is great. The HD tuner is great. The ATSC tuner pickes up the Video on Demand in the cable so I get to watch what other people are paying for. Never know what's on or at what time but it's fun to scan. I paid $2799 3 weeks ago and now it's $2250. I got 110% of the difference back from Circuit City. I almost returned it and got the 50" but my living room is small. I may still if I find the energy to pack it up for the price.

M. Lavoie
Unregistered guest
Holy blank! This tv is amazing. I bought the 42" and it is larger than appears in the store. I have basic cable and it picks up NBC in hi def. An indoor antenna I picked up at Radio Shack for $49 picks up ABC, Fox, and WB in hi def even though I'm 40 miles from the tower.
A big thanks to VinDSL for all your help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us