3 channels have dots/dashes......HELP PLEASE!

john
Unregistered guest
First, my setup. all the equipment is within 1 year old. My VCR outputs through composite (YRW) to a Yamaha 5650. all my stuff (ps2,dvd,vcr) runs to my reciever and uses a single S-video to the tv. The yamaha upconverts from the composite to the Svideo so i only have to use 1 input on the tv.

but on 3 channels, 2,4,5 i get these colored dashes/dots that kinda float up and down on the screen. I didn't have any cable problems before this, dvd's look fine, ps2 looks fine, all other channels look great. anyone here of this? also, my dads TV has the same problem, as its hooked up the same way, with a yamaha 5660 to a 65" mitsubishi hd

john
Unregistered guest
searching around shows that it does do it with the cable going strait to the tv. my first thought is this may be a ingress problem, but it doesn't make since that channel 2 is affected. i don't think its broadcasted over the air (tpt2 are its call letters) so i don't think it is. but since it isn't affecting any other cable channels, it seems like i may have a cable leak.

also, i thought ingress caused white horizontal lines to go across the tv, used to cause ghosting, but ive never seen this before. anyone have any input?

thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us