Burning HD recording

33Mike
Unregistered guest
I know there are DVR machines that can record HD programs. Is there a way to then burn that HD program onto a DVD?

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Soon there will be Blue_Ray recorders but you will also need the high density discs compatible with the new technology. As of today the answer is no. You can however record the data from a Hi-Def program but it will not be recorded in Hi_def.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Soon there will be Blue_Ray recorders but you will also need the high density discs compatible with the new technology. As of today the answer is no. You can however record the data from a Hi-Def program but it will not be recorded in Hi_Def.

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 194
Digital VHS VCRs exist that can record 1080i HD. There are even some pre-recorded movies available to play on them. This format surely most be considered strictly as a transition format, however, as a recordable HD disc system will eventually exist.

Bronze Member
Username: Lampright

Syracuse, Utah USA

Post Number: 57
You cannot burn it as HD onto DVD until HD DVD recorders are available next year.

The comcast HD DVR has firewire ports that I've read can be used to record shows directly to your PC. But, because of copy protection, I'm not sure if there is a method to take those shows and recompress them into DVD format. One of these days I'll find the time to try it!

Jaisong
Unregistered guest
Does DirecTv DVR has hd out put to Jvc or other Hd VCR's ? I have JVC HD VCR. So far, what I know -It is only good for my JVC HD Camcorder. No reasonably priced good working Editing Software.
I will appreciate any practical input from any one out there in the Internet World.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us