Simple question

justme
Unregistered guest
newbie here, if I connect my satellite receiver to HDTV with s-video cable will I get a good picture. Thinking about buying hitachi 51 inch crt rear projection tv.
thanks for any info

Bronze Member
Username: Vindsl

Post Number: 45
All depends...

Generally speaking, the best would be a DVI or HDMI connection, but this isn't always true. Personally, I don't worry about DVI any more. I just use component.

Anyway, in order of picture quality, DVI / HDMI - Component - S-video - Composite.

However, like I said, it all depends. Sometimes composite will look better than s-video, and sometimes component will look better than DVI.

I suggest trying them all. Whatever looks best, is best...

LoL! How's that for a non-answer answer?

Username: Beana

Post Number: 1
Help my 32" APEX television is locked up it has a red key in the lower left hand corner I do not have the manual please tell me how to unlock it!

Username: Beana

Post Number: 2
Help my APEX television is locked up it has a red key in the lower left hand corner I do not have the manual please help!

Unregistered guest
If you have a blank screen with a red key on the bottom left, simply press the (function or F) button and the mute button at the same time. This will unlock the screen and allow you to view the channel as desired. • If your TV asks for a 4-digit code or password please enter 3308 or 6688 to unlock the screen or reset any preset rating levels. • If you have a GT2011J or GT2011S Television, hold the (Display) button for 10 seconds, it will unlock the screen. If password or code is requested, try 3308 or 6688.

crayonbrown
Unregistered guest
I have a Apex model no gt2011j It has a great picture on it but it got a strip of small lines at the top there red green yellow and then there are about 6 white ,3 inchs down from the top. any help ? Thanks

Janet
Unregistered guest
I read the answers for the key in the left hand corner to hold the F key and mute button at the same time. It didn't work. My model Number is PF2025

STogwell
Unregistered guest
Hope you can help-my son has a Toshiba small TV and video combo. Usually play Playstation 2 on AV1 channel. Plugged an interactive TV game into the TV using red and yellow AV lead. Heard audio for the game but not picture. When we gave up on this and plugged the Playstation 2 back in with the scart as usual, you can hear sound but no picture on AV1. Please help-disappointed boy and hubby who cant play their games!

Unregistered guest
I HAVE AN APEX TELEVISION LOCK UP IT'S ALL BLUE AND HAS A RED KEY ON THE CORNER I DON'T HAVE THE MANUAL PLEASE HELP

Unregistered guest
MY MODEL NUMBER IS AT2704S PLEASE HELP I'M BORED
WITHOUT TV

Unregistered guest
MY MODEL NUMBER IS AT2704S PLEASE HELP I'M BORED
WITHOUT TV

julie
Unregistered guest
I have a faber television is locked up . it's all blue n has a red key in the lower left hand corner. I don't have the manual. PLEASE HELP!!!

julie
Unregistered guest
the model no is ftv-2118N. please help!

Anonymous

tengo una television apex y se me bloqueo tiene la pantalla azul y una llave roja en la esquina izquierda de abajo como la desbloqueo?

Anonymous

tengo una television apex y se me bloqueo tiene la pantalla azul y una llave roja en la esquina izquierda de abajo como la desbloqueo?

Unregistered guest
i have a red factory sign on my screen
its an apex gt2011s

how can i get it off
pleas email me

dirtyr3dd
Unregistered guest
To unlock your tv....just unplug it and plug it back....simple!

Unregistered guest
i have a sony tv and forgot the password, how can i unlock it to change the password?!

Unregistered guest
i have an apex tv that has a blue screen and says blocked due to V-guide. can you help me unlock it ? i also have satellite and tivo on this tv so i have a directv remote to it, it doesn't have a function button or a display button to try to use to unlock.

Anonymous

Apex 2402 is locked. How do i unlock? i dont have a function key on remote.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 426
Good picture, yes. Probably noticeably better than composite connection. You did not indicate whether your satellite receiver is HD. If it is, component, DVD or HDMI (depending on type of tv in jacks) would be better still.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 427
Oops. should have read "component, DVI or HDMI". One day I will learn to type.

Bronze Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 50
that's ok, one day I'll learn how to read lol, had to read it twice to see the oops (d'oh!)

penn
Unregistered guest
Have apex tv all that happens is blank screen with key on bottom nothing has worked. help

penn
Unregistered guest
Have apex tv all that happens is blank screen with key on bottom nothing has worked. help

Peas
Unregistered guest
Insert key into lock, turn key clockwise, place hands on head, jump up and down, turn around then do the hokey pokey.

Peas

Anonymous

MY TV HAS A ALL BLUE SCRREN THAT SAYS BLOCKED DUE TO PARENTAL LOCKIN RED PLEASE HELP ME I CANT LIVE WITH OUT SOUTH PARK!!!

Peas
Unregistered guest
Be nicer to your parents next time. Anyway, children should be watching the Disney channel and not filthy animations.

Peas

Unregistered guest
My APEX tv is model GT 2015. I have the simlilar red key problem at the bottom left, but now that I have turned the TV off it will not respond to anything, not even turning on by pressing power on the monitor. How is anyone solving this problem?? I am so pissed right now, please drop me an email or something.

GS
Unregistered guest
I have an Apex model GB4308 and if i watch it for more then 2 hours, the screen gets really dark. If i turn it off and turn it back on it works fine for a few mins and then gets dark again. Does anybody knows why this happens??

Thanks

Unregistered guest
Apex TV, I hit my remote control in the dark accidently and now the tv is switching from video 1 to 2 to vhs to dvd every couple minutes or so, constantly, can't make it stay on video 1 which is what I need, have unplugged it a couple of times, didn't help, and tried all the buttons on the remote, I don't know which model it is and can't find my book, any help, thanks.

davidjnj
Unregistered guest
I have an Apex tv (not sure which model) and the remote control is no longer working. Pressing the buttons, I can see that the red light comes on, but none of the functions operate the tv. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 1097
Buy a $10 programmable remote that will operate the Apex.

If that doesnt work, then you'll know your TV sensor is bad.

Anonymous

hey .. had same problem
found this info
if you have remote you can disable it by pressing the F button at same time as mute button .. this is i think temporary. If it asks for passcode input 6688 or 3308 one of those may help.
if either of those codes work. turn off the parental code function

Unregistered guest
Hi,

My Apex tv screen is dark but the sound works fine. This happened when my baby did something with the remote control. Since it is dark, I can't see anything and fix it by going to the menu.

Heeeeeeeeeeelpppppppppp please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imjin83
Unregistered guest
I have and APEX 1110W DVD player and I forgot my password. Help please!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1485
What's your mothers maiden name?

Heh..sorry,

I couldnt resist.

Unregistered guest
Than you toeneec I can now watch my Apex Tv again.

Anonymous

I have an APEX model gt2011j and i am having a problem with certain channels just being in black and white on my cabel. And now i bought a new dvd/vcr and it is doing the same. The vcr side works in color sometimes and the dvd side never has color. But yet some channels work perfectly fine. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

THANKS

Anonymous

You can go to http://vchip.atspace.com for instructions on turning off parental controls on lots of TVs and equipment.

Nevin
Unregistered guest
ok. I have now gone through 2 remotes for my APex. At first I thought the factory remote was dead so i used a universal. Now the Universal is dead. Yes I checked the Batteries and they work fine. Is it possible the remote sensor is Frying my remotes? Please help

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1352
no

HCS
Unregistered guest
For all of you that have locks on your Apex TV's, try toekneec's advice if you haven't already. It's the fifth post on this page.

My TV was blocking a bunch of channels, so I punched in 6688 at the password screen and it fixed it right up.

And if you're still here toekneec, thanks a lot.

Unregistered guest
I HAVE A 27" TV AND LOCKED UP,IT HAS A RED KEY ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THE SCREEN PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO UNLOCK IT

Anonymous

You can fix the problem like this:

Unplug your TV, go to local pawn shop, sell your TV, take the money to walmart, buy another TV, and plug it in.

If this doesnt fix your problem, look outside your window and check if you see red keys outside too. It might be a tumor.

RE AND DE
Unregistered guest
WE JUST GOT THE RED KEY OFF ARE APEX TV !!!!!!!!!STEP1* TURN TV ON HOLD THE BUTTON(LEFT TO THE) RED POWER BUTTON AND MUTE AT THE !!!SAME TIME!!!!FOR 10 SEC OR MORE U WILL KNOW WHEN THE KEY IS OFF... IM 2 HAPPY HOE THIS HELPS YOU

Unregistered guest
i have a freeview tv box. when it rains i am unable to recieve any digital signals on any itv channel.?

Anonymous

I have an Apex Model AT27025 and I am trying to access cable TV but it is not adapting on lower channels it is very "snowy". What do I need to do?
HELP!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1499
In the setup menus, set the antenna/cable to cable, then autoprogram the channels.

mark antony flores
Unregistered guest
The APEX tv that I have is a big screen, and its showing a yellow shadow around the people and numbers. Some people tell me that i need a new tube, please tell me that its fixalble.

Unregistered guest
I have an APEX 55 in. digital TV and a blue shadow outlines everything.I went to MENU and the CONVERGENCE is way off and the factory setting does not work either.Where can I get it fixed and how much do you think it will cost me?

Unregistered guest
I have an Apex 27" flat screen with a red factory message on the top of the screen.Does anyone know how to get it off?Please e-mail me, Narayan77@aol.com. Thanks

Username: Font44

I have an APEX GB4308 42 inch screenand a red shadow outlines everything.I went to MENU and the red CONVERGENCE is way off and the factory setting does not work either. I could set the ble line but the red line does not move.

Anonymous

I have an APEX 51 or 52 inch TV. When I turned it on the other day all I got was a blue line down the middle of the screen. The sound works great but no picture, just a line.... It has never done this before. The TV is only a couple years old. Can anyone tell me what the problem could be and is this an expensive thing to fix... I'm getting desperate. Thanks

Unregistered guest
I have APEX TV and the model is AT2704S and is
lock. My tv have the sreen all blue and have
a red key in the left.

Unregistered guest
My APEX GB5108 has a red shadow which outlines everything.I went to MENU and the red CONVERGENCE is way off and the factory setting does not work either. Any suggestions as to what is wrong and how to fix?

rsmoczyk
Unregistered guest
I have an APEX GB5108 and can only get a blue screen on it. Any ideas as to how much it costs to fix this problem? Or what caused it? If this thing is going to be a money pit I'll walk away now.

rsmoczyk
Unregistered guest
I have an APEX GB5108 and can only get a blue screen on it. Any ideas as to how much it costs to fix this problem? Or what caused it? If this thing is going to be a money pit I'll walk away now.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2558
It will be a moneypit. You might as well walk away now and upgrade.

Unregistered guest
I have a Toshiba 20VL14 LCD TV with v-chip locked. Need procedure for unlocking.

Anonymous

Cable experts, please help me out with this question. I have very basic cable with Comcast in the Pittsburgh, PA area. (Home of Big Ben). My question to you is, I pay for basic: channels 2 thru 24 then 64, 72, and the wheather scanner. All of this comes over on the old fashion A-B Switch. The cable on the bedroom TV runs through the VCR with the above channels but very fuzzy from channel 25 to 63 but the channels can be viewed with some clearity. Is there any way to bring these channels out just a bit more clearly without the hassle of having to up-grade to extend basic. Not looking to steal, just wanted to know if these channels can be cleared up some how. The family room TV those channels are just a big cloud of smoke. The bedroom TV those same channels have some clearity to them. Just trying to make use of a good thing. P.S. I had basic cable now for 13 years, not planning to change or up grade. Just want to know how can I bring in the channels that come in slightly unclear. Black Ice

Unregistered guest
help, i have an Apex tv in my son room and need to block some channels. weve lost the manual and dont know the parental control code.

fx
Unregistered guest
Allow your child to explore the real world, sex, violence and grugs on TV are better than doing them in real life. If you really want to help your chilf keep them away from those Holy Rollers and church, they will influence thier youg mallable minds and turn them into walking zombies unable to think for themselves.

xvxvxvx

Unregistered guest
I have Apex-AT2704S. Have no remote, but the power does not come on at all. Plug in TV and nothing comes on. What can I check before throwing it out?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1834
There is probably a fuse inside. Look where the power comes in.

JD household
Unregistered guest
Have APEX tv/dvd/vcr combo. The sound keeps going out, but the picture is fine. If I hit the top the sound will come back for a few minutes. Please help..my hand is getting sore.

john tronson
Unregistered guest
I have an apex GT2015 but lost the remote, I do have allforone remote but do not have any codes. this remote requires a 3 digit code, can you help?

Unregistered guest
I have 4 apex 4308 42", all of them went out. One will give me a blue screen and sound, but the other 3 will power on but no screen or sound. The power light comes on with an orange light only. Can some one help with this? They all went out at different times. Thanks

Malatrakita
Unregistered guest
I have a T.V. Toshiba, and I don't know how to unlock the v-chip any ideas!

Malatrakita.

Anonymous

I have a hisense tv an mostly all my channels are blocked with a blue screen saying blocked due to v-guide how do you unlock it someone plz help me unlock it bye e-mailing directions on how to unlick it thanks

Username: Lizzy06

Sanfrancisco, California United states

I have a hisense tv an mostly all my channels are blocked with a blue screen saying blocked due to v-guide how do you unlock it someone plz help me unlock it bye e-mailing directions on how to unlock it thanks

Amy Lish
Unregistered guest
I have an apex pf2720 and it wont turn on. The LCD light on the front right corner is red but I can't get it to turn on. I read the manual and there is no trouble shooting for this. Did I blow a fuse? Please help. Thanx.

RickyRooper
Unregistered guest
I have the apex pf2720 and I can't get this crazy thing to work. I turn it on and I see a blue screen with a red 2 flashing in the top left corner. Does anyone know how to help me with this?

Unregistered guest
Hi , I have APEX PF2720 Flat tv.
The TV Sound is off from 2 days. Every thing else works fine excepts sound.
I tried all ways with remote and TV, powered off and on . every thing.
What could be the problem.
can any one knows the reason or fix for this please post your reply.
Any fuse blew is causing this problem.
Thanks in advance.
Please post your respnse.
Thanks
Vjay

Unregistered guest
Hi , I have a APEX PF2720 Flat tv.
Suddenly my TV Sound is off from 2 days. Every thing else works fine excepts sound.
I tried all the ways with remote and TV, powered off and on ... every thing.
What could be the problem.
can any one knows the reason or fix for this please post your reply.
Any fuse blew is causing this problem.
Thanks in advance.
Please post your respnse.
Thanks
Vjay

Username: Genaro

I have a GB4308 Apex TV. I think the tuner went out. I change the channels, but the screen remains blue. I checked the parental controls; every channel is unblicked.

Desperate N Phoenix
Unregistered guest
APEX GB5108 - Worked great for 2 years. Then, while I was watching, picture diminished to wavey horizontal red, green and blue lines across the screen. Thought it was toast, so turned it off. Came back hours later, worked fine.. for about 2 days. Did it again. Later, worked for short time, then happened again and has not come back yet. (Been weeks!) I just tried again for kicks. I have attached a simple bitmap drawing in case I am not clear on the problem description. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

earthmother97
Unregistered guest
I have a problem with the blue screen and red key symbol on the bottom left of the screen. I read here how I can correct it, BUT I am missing the original remote for the television. I have a cable company provided one, and the mute/hold button next to the red light doesnt work without the original remote.
If anybody can offer a suggestion, it would be much appreciated.

FANCYGIRL
Unregistered guest
Hi There...
I am new here as well......
I have a question to make and if anyone can answer I will be apriciative.
I have a sylvania tv...about10-13 inches.....i have for 5 years now and I never had a problrm with it...
I switch the tv on, after 10 seconds or so it automaticly switches off by its self......
when I switch on the tv I can see clear picture and hear clear sound........ I just don't understand what is hapening here.......
Has anyone ever expiriance this situation, and what have you done to make this problem go away?
Thank you for taking your time ......

Username: Hrbj

Doral, Florida USA

I need to know if anyone have a service code for the Durabrand 20" TV. Because I have a troubles with the screen.

Username: Chokolator

Ensenada, Baja california Mexico

i have a apex tv 20' i quit the lock,and now i can see but the red factory sign it still there,can somebody help me to quit the factory sign,i woul apreciate if you could put a message or send me a e-mail. chokolator_cbch@yahoo.com.mx i woul apreciate

Username: Cra33120

OK Hopefully someone can help me. I have an Apex AT2704S. I locked it (yes I know about mute and F key) but now I cant unlock it and it wont even turn on. I get a blank screen and no sound and it kind of turns on for a mere second whenever i hit the power strip button but that is it. IS it the tube or a fuse? Its a 27 inch so i dont want to have to buy a new tv :-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us