Sound delays with DLP HD signal

Cameron
Unregistered guest
I purchased a Samsung HLP5063. I have sound delays when veiwing some HD broadcasts. It is only some of the broadcasts not all. I cant even say its certain stations, it varies. Mostly over the Direct TV HD signal. How can this be fixed? Is it a warranty issue? I have the set hooked up through a Sony surround rec.

Please help.

Username: Pitburger

Post Number: 4
I think its a cable issue

Anonymous

Because HD video signal requires a considerable amount of processing before being displayed on your screen, sometimes the video and audio get out of sync. Many manufacturers are using faster chips trying to solve this problem.

Jimbo in Dallas
Unregistered guest
It seems like I remember two suggestions for possible solution. (1) Component video cables are a must vs. S-video or anything less. (2) If you are using external speakers, be sure the internal TV audio is turned off.

I have an HLP4663 (using the built-in TV speakers) with Comcast Cable HD signal and haven't noticed the problem.

jcs
Unregistered guest
I have the same problem but with non HD from a satellite system. Are you sure that the audio is lagging the video? I believe it is the other way around. I have found that turning off the internal TV audio helps the satellite reception, but I also have the same problem with a DVD, and there doesn't seem to be a fix for that.

ticalwrx
Unregistered guest
I have the 46" Samsung DLP and it has this problem too. I like the set, but this is annoying. I havent heard of this happening on other DLPs.

I'm using component video cables and have the tv audio off and it still does it.

Bronze Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 68
I think it's a sat broadcast issue. I have DiretTV and talked to their customer service people and they seemed to be clueless about the signal problems. I had them transfer me to advanced-tech service, and they said they were aware of the problem and were working on fixing it.

If you noticed on ESPN.......HDsporting events always broadcast perfectly, but then when they broadcast movie '3', the signal flickered and the voice didnt match the picture.

If you have the East/WestFox, the same problems happened. Football games would be perfect, but primetime telecasts would flicker and lipsinc was off.

Recently at my end, the problems have evidentally been fixed in the recent past. I also noted, that it was only with those two channels. All of the HD channels between 74-79 have always worked perfectly.

Bronze Member
Username: Mystro

Post Number: 70
Paul, I have noticed the same thing. It is a Sat. issue. I believe they may have fixed it or are in the proses of fixing it.

Username: Formmb

Post Number: 8
It is not just a sat issue. I have Comcast Dig with HDef and also have the same problem on occassion. There is no pattern to the pattern that I can see. I have the Sammy 4663 and love it even with that minor issue!

Unregistered guest
I have a Samsung 50" DLP, Directv HD and HDMI cable. The audio on non HD channel seems better than HD channel (ABC HD vs. ABC). Picture on ABC HD is awesome but audio on ABC is better.

Any thoughts?

Unregistered guest
I have the new Samsung HL-R5668w. It's a wonderful TV, but I was having sound synch problems when I hooked up my sound the way I had my old TV hooked up. It's as if the video signal was being delayed before it was displayed. I ended up buying a new DVD player, new receiver, hundreds of dollars worth of new cables, etc. I literally spent 6 hours trying every variation of hooking it up you can imagine. Nothing. Same problem. A Samsung tech support guy suggested I buy an audio delay device from Radio Shack and put it between my dvd play and my receiver so I can manually set the audio timing. I don't think I should have to do that though.

Any thoughts on this?

J

Unregistered guest
There is definately an issue.. I have dishnetwork and just purchased 46" Samsung. I removed my 36 HD Tube. I have the 522 receiver and used the same S-video connections on the DLP and coax on the same side of the 522 to a 13" in the kitchen. When both tv's are on there is a noticible echo and sound delay from the DLP. My thought is that the processing for the DLP takes time enough for your ear to pick it up. So i can beleive there are sync issues... Not sure if i'll keep the TV might try the Sony LCD.. Also I was hoping the HD receiver would fix it but I think I'm being optomistic...

Herb1976
Unregistered guest
Samsung dlps are notorious for audio/video delay issues. I have heard that RCA time delays the audio so that audio and video are perfectly matched, assuming broadcassters or games are matched.

Josan
Unregistered guest
Called Samsung they said delay the reciever. No help. Called Marantz Run your HDMI from Sat box to tv and use Optical out of TV to reciever.Put internal mute of tv to on. Problem solved.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us