DVD recorders and Directv DVR

reggie madden
Unregistered guest
I currently have the Phillips DVR. When I record movies or events onto the hard drive, I get an option of "save to VCR?" My question is can I record these onto a DVD recorder instead of the VCR? In other words, if I hook up a DVD recorder with my Directv system, will I be able to burn stuff from my hard drive to the dvd recorder? I'm looking to buy my first DVD recorder and I'm confused as to how it works with the Directv DVR. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 170
A DVD recorder is basically just like a VCR except it uses discs instead of tapes. Anything you can do with a VCR you should be able to do with a DVD recorder, with the exception of copy once programming. HBO/Cinemax and I think PPV use copy once, so if you have already saved it to the DVR you might not be able to copy it from there.

reggie madden
Unregistered guest
thanks david!

Unregistered guest
Smokin... Yeah... cause I can... Tivo rocks the box.

Username: Burtshell

Boynton beach, FL United States

Post Number: 3
what will happen if I have a vcr and a dvd recorder hooked up?
how would the the dvr know that I want to use the dvd recorder and not the vcr?
burtshell

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 396
A DVD recorder is basically the same thing as a VCR, it just records DVDs instead of tapes. If you get a DVD recorder I guarantee you won't record with the VCR anymore. The quality of DVDs is far superior, and blank discs are cheaper than tapes too, unless using rewritable discs, then they are more.

Username: Mtonto

Durham, NC USA

Post Number: 1
DVD Recorder/PVR HDTV Need Help on choosing one!

My HDTV / DirecTV inputs from Samsung SIR-TS360 HD receiver via Y/Pr/Pb Component Video in either 480/i/p or 1080/i modes.

I seek a DVD recorder/PVR w/out TiVo that can be hooked up in between, but Digital/HD only!

All market search available to me shows only stuff that has ANALOG inputs, thus, no dice!
Am I imagining things, or is the LAW, or I don't need Digital Inputs for my configuration?

Is there any DVD/PVR in the market able to input Digital HDTV Video and Audio Signals?

Help...

dbemb14
Unregistered guest
I tried to burn some Dish satellite PVR content onto my Panasonic DVD recorder. The program did burn, and does playback on the Panasonic, but I cannot "finalize" the disk to play on other DVD Players. (I also cannot add titles, etc). Is this a feature of "copy once". I'm not interested in stealing protected media...just want to know if there's a problem with my DVD recorder. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
The guy when he installed my Tivo said that there is a way you can elimate all commercials from your recorded programs, or that you can elimate the commercials when you watch the saved shows. I haven't been able to figure out to do that. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot.

Jim O
Unregistered guest
Yea, when it is recording, pause the recorder and let the show still play on the tv. When the commercials are done, start the recording again.

Brian U
Unregistered guest
I currently have a Pinoeer DVD Recorder & Directv (basic receiver). I want to add a DVR w/tivo and I have a setup question.

Can I run one satellite line from the dish thru the DVD recorder to the DVR and then the other line directly to the DVR. I want to dedicate one tuner to the DVD recorder & one to the DVR hardrive. Thanks.

mab
Unregistered guest
can anyone help me? I have a jvc dr-mv1 (dvd recorder/video combo) Is there anyway i can make it region free?

Unregistered guest
I am selling a CD that will make the JVC DR-MV1 region free i have tried it on my own and it now plays region free DVDs the link is

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5766387650

Unregistered guest
I have a Phillips TiVo and I have lost my instruction booklet. Is all I need to save a movie onto a VHS tape (for my mother in law) a video S cable to connect the two?

Anonymous

I would like to integrate a Panasonic DVD player and recorder into my system which has a cable input, DirecTV, Panasonic Showstopper (PVR) that I can save programming to, AV receiver, etc. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

I would like to integrate a Panasonic DVD player and recorder into my system which has a cable input, DirecTV, Panasonic Showstopper (PVR) that I can save programming to, AV receiver, etc. Any suggestions? Can I record two programs at once?

Pat Holland
Unregistered guest
I have a DVD, VCR, DVR, HD receiver, TIVO and need to know how to hook all this stuff togetherwith my new TV. I don't plan on using the VCR to record, I just want to be able to record old VHS tapes onto dVD with the DVR. Is this possible and can anyone help with setup ddirections. Thank-you

Pat Holland
Unregistered guest
I forgot to mention I also have an equalizer and need to know where this would be hooked up.

redrum1976
Unregistered guest
can you hook up directv tivo to computer and burn to dvd-r

Unregistered guest
Philips DVDR, Philips HDTV, Scientific Atlanta HD DVR cable box. I can watch TV, watch DVDs but I can't figure out the connections I need to make to record from the TV. It's not the same as recording from VCR. Any help, please email.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us