Toshiba Model #W528 VCR

Username: Bj12345

Post Number: 1
I have question about using L1 and L2 inputs on model W528 VCR. When I connect to L1 or L2 picture and sound are just fine. But when I record, it only records in black and white!Is
there some way to have it record in color?

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 156
What are you recording from? Prerecorded tapes and DVDs are copyguarded, resulting in color problems. Is the VCR NTSC or PAL?

Post Number: 2
The VCR is NTSC, recording from TV tuner.I have A small Sylvania TV/VCR model SRC2213X and it will record just fine.But I have a large TV that
I would like to use with the Toshiba!

Thank you for responding !

Silver Member

Post Number: 160
The VCR is probably defective. If it's a new Toshiba VCR they are very cheaply built, one of the worst machines there are. I'm a little confused here, the first post says L1 and L2, the last post says tuner. I'm guessing by that you've tried both? If you put the tape in the Sylvania is it black and white?

Post Number: 3
Sorry about the confusion afraid I didn't present it to clearly! I am using a TV tuner from a computer and connecting the output using the tuner S. video connector out going to the VCR. The Toshiba has two video inputs L1 and L2 one of the back and one of the front. I can record directly to the Toshiba from the Cablevision connection and the VCR works just fine. Using the TV tuner from the computer to the Sylvania TV/VCR works without any problem. I would use the Sylvania but it's only a small 13 inch TV screen. With the price of VCR's I'm probably better off looking for new one. The only problem is I don't know which one will work with this setup. I'm just confused why one will work and the other won't!

Thank you

Post Number: 4
Forgot to include this: the video I recorded on the Toshiba, when played on the Sylvania is also black-and-white!

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
I've never used a computer for TV myself. So you are using an s-video cable to the Toshiba? If so check the pins on the cable, if you have another cable try it. If 1 of the pins is not making a connection the picture will be black and white. It's probably a bad s-video cable. Just last night when I plugged in an s-video cable I bent 1 of the pins and had a black and white picture.

Dark_jubei
Unregistered guest
Hey - im having the same problem - i bought a toshiba LapTop and i was trying to record Avi's on to video using the s-video port at the back - anyway the picture and sound comes through the The t.v perfectly fine and the picture is in fine colour - but it records in black and white - i thought it may be my t.v but i apparently it has been happining with Toshiba's

Can anyone help plz?

Post Number: 5
I just bought new samsung vcr has the same problem. Must be the newer vcr's block the recording. As I said before two of my TV/VCR's
do record in color using same setup!

Post Number: 6
Update ,returned samsung vcr, bought sanyo vwm-900
everything works great now !

Josh 4
Unregistered guest
i am i novice and i was wondering if there was any way possible to connect my toshiba laptop to an emerson VCR/DVD w/ an s-video cable... i know both have s-video ports

thanks

Unregistered guest
I can't figure out how to record from a tv program to my vcr. It's a toshiba vc-624. The vcr will start recording but then when i play back it just recorded fuzz.

Silver Member

Post Number: 452
Need more info on how it's connected and what you are trying to record from.

Unregistered guest
I have similar problems. I have recently bought a freeview box (Matsui DTAR10) which works a treat. However when I try and record from it to my Toshiba 753UK VCR I get a black and white image. The on screen display whilst tapping is colour but the play back is black and white. I have connected the freeview box via scart leads to both the television and video (the box has 2 scart outputs) and the video via scart to the television. I have tried upgrading the scarts to some better quality one with no effect. My understanding is that there are no copy protection issues on freeview, is this correct.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us