Sales People and HDTV ... possible sigh of relief?

Username: Lordsears

Post Number: 1
Hello all, I work for a local Sears store selling these TV's I hope that you all breathe a sigh of relief to see some salesmen actually care to do research on TV's and Actually care about some of the issues, and problems others have with HDTV and buying a TV. I have found that many people enjoy the Hitachi LCD TV over any other set. At my store I try to get ANY late night HDTV programming on can on at night. (Since in my area that is really the only time it is being broadcast right now. I must say if you haven't seen a Monday night football game in high definition you are missing out.

My opinion of any TV Sears sells will always lean towards Hitachi over anything else. DLP is great but we do not carry the newest model with the clear edge technology. I'm not sure if that one will look better then the one we have in our store now either. (Have not had the time to go look at a "true HD signal" on one yet. Also, I agree that HDTV looks better in different stores on different TV's. One thing I reccomend is not looking so much at color, but instead look more at sharpness and motion. Also ask if the store can show you something other then the HDTV demo channel they get. My store is lucky enough to have installed a new system that allows me to change the channel of my HDTV's. I can get FOX, ABC, and CBS. Tonight is Monday night football night so I hope you all come out and check out HDTV tonight since we are open till 11PM tonight. (shameless plug) Anyways if you do stop by you may need to bring something like a crow bar to pry a salesmen away from staring at the wonderful picture. Last Monday was the only time I actually enjoyed watching my Brownies lose and only because it was in stunning HDTV.

Post Number: 2
Also, forgive any typos or bad sentence structure, I saw some posts about poor salesmen and needed to respond. I agree there are some clueless ones out there... (even at my store) So be careful but know there are some good ones there. If you have any questions about HDTV around the Cleveand area feel free to contact me I'll be glad to help... just put something like "HDTV INFO: <<subject>>" in the E-Mail header I will try to get back to you ASAP. They got me working 60 hrs. a week so I am pretty tired when I get home but I make money off of answering your questions so feel free to ask them, and if I can help come buy a TV from me :-)

Has anyone looked at specifically the UltraVision series by Hitachi?

Username: Johnt

Post Number: 2
Andrew,
I actually have a question for you. I just bought a projection TV - 65 inch mitsubishi. I am still within the 30 day period when I can return it. My thing is this - Using Direct TV (nonHD) I am very unhappy with the picture quality. When I watch a DVD the picture is awesome. I also purchased an HD antenna and can receive all my local stations, you are right - Monday night football is incredible. Anyway - due to my disappointment with the Direct TV picture, I was considering taking it back and going LCD. What are your thoughts? Are the pictures with non HD just that poor on this large of a TV. I would appreciate any thoughts.
Thanks

Post Number: 7
Hey John,
If you bought it at Sears just go back and tell them you want to go LCD instead. Non HD looks awful on any TV compared to an HD signal. Honetly Hitachi does use Virtual HD to help upconvert your normal signals, but it doesn't come close to HD. It does look better then most other T.V.'s.

Just go back and tell then you'd like to go LCD, tell them your unhappy Sears is probably one of the easiest places to work with. Just try to get your original salesperson so he doesn't get robbed out of any commishion :-) We hate when that happens. :P They may make you pay for a new delivery but ask them if they can wave that since your not satisfied. LCD is better in the long run and if your not happy with this set it's more the salesmens fault for not showing you and telling you more about the LCD. Sometimes things are so tight we are afraid to offer the better product in fear of running you out of the store, but in all honesty I have NEVER had anyone come back and tell me that they bought a Hitachi UltraVision product and were pissed that I up sold them to that model. APEX... yes.. but that was there choice I tried to get them into a Hitachi they just wouldn't listen... :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us