AKAI PT5492 screen glare

Username: Thesaint

Post Number: 1
I just bought a PT5492 from Sam's Club (@$799), yesterday. I'm very much enjoying the picture quality. My only complaint so far is the glare. This is my first projection tv and I don't know if the shiny screen actually IS a screen protector or if I need to look into one. Sure would be nice if it were a matte finish rather than glossy, though.

Watched a movie last night after dark, and it was a real treat!

Username: Sharp28

Post Number: 1
I purchased the PT5492 from Sam's Club. Does this TV come with HDTV hook ups..I don't think it does.. When I turn the channels the station come up with different sound mode displaying on the station...exp like sap-stereo, mono...Is that normal? How can I set it to just one sound mode? Does anyone know where I can get a AKAI universal remote with the vcr controls. Thanks

Username: Thesaint

Post Number: 2
Steve,

I'm no expert, just have had the set for a few days. But, the universal remote that came with my 5492 has controls for vcr. They are hidden in a slide down hidden section of the remote (at the bottom). I'm fairly sure that hdtv isn't an option, but would be pleasantly surprised if somebody posts on here to the contrary.

As far as the sound settings, it seems that not all channels broadcast in stereo, and those will show mono in the display. Again, I'm still feeling my way around the unit myself.

Whatever, you have to admit, that's a lot of tv for the price. I had been looking at 36" tube tv's before finding this bargain for only a couple hundred bucks more.

Username: Sharp28

Post Number: 3
Thanks Don...I found the VCR remote
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us