Dvd copying

Anonymous

hello i have a hp pc with windows xp with a cd/dvd writer combo drive i am trying to make some copies of my dvd's to put an extra set in my vehicle. i am unable to figure out how to do this can someone please help. i have tried to use the cd copier that came with the pc but it did not work, i have tried to download the dvd's onto my pc and then put them onto blank dvd-r's but still no success. please help thank you if you have any information please e-mail at sdp065@yahoo.com

Username: Tim

Post Number: 19
What software are you using?

I suspect the main problem is that most commercial DVDs have copy protection (called CSS) built in.
Basically, a verification code is encoded in a part of the disc that is not copied. So when you copy the disk, you don't get the code, and the DVD player can't verify the disk and won't play it.

Username: Tim

Post Number: 20
You might find some useful information here:
http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html#5.9

Username: Unitedoutlaw

Post Number: 1
Download a copy of DVD Shrink 3.1 It's freeware NO adds and best of all IS the best.
A good free Ripping software FrreRip it is what it says it is.

Anonymous

I used dvd shrink 3.1 to extract as an .iso file, but do not know how to burn with the .iso file after that. On top of that, whenever i use shrink to open the .iso file, I get "dvd shrink encountered a problem and can not continue"
"Invalid UDF file system"

Anyone know what to do now?

roy
Unregistered guest
i don't really know the basics of ripping, but i use studio 8 to copy home videos to dvd. but I sometimes have lengthy videos that i want on one disk but to get 100% quality, I can only put an hours worth of video on the dvd. does the dvdshrink help with this at all? and if it does ,how do i use it for that purpose?

Anonymous

dvd shrink can shrink the size of the file to fit onto a 4.7gb dvd-r or +r. Keep an eye open for the green bar at the top. You want it all green and not red. The more you unclick at the right, so more green it will go hense smaller in size to fit.

Anonymous

Go to edonky and download dvd shrink 3.14
this will enable u to make backup copy's of all your dvd titles you will thank me later.

Username: Enufcopyp

Some discs have so much copy protection on them they won't even play in a regular dvd player. I have gotten two copies of Paramount's "Stepford Wives" and neither one will play for various reasons. Until enough consumers compain, which isn't easy, Paramount has no email address listed,
this ridiculous situation will continue. Has anyone else had similar problems?

Anonymous

I tried to download dvd shrink and decryptor. It downloaded, but when I tried to use it from my file, it asked for a password. Can you tell me what the password is or how to get around it?

mochi
Unregistered guest
I've been using dvd shrink to copy movies and has been working fine, but recently I've been having problems with it. Dvd shrink copies the movie but when I put it in a dvd player, it says that there is no disc. Does anyone know what the problem is and what I should do?

Username: Pepperpup

Hi...Can sum 1 please help me with this. I had some VHS tapes transferred to dvds about 2 yrs ago by a "professional company". Well, now the dvds are loaded wiith read errors on them. They will play okay in my dvd player for about 75% of the movie...then they freeze up and get choppy. My question is...is there a way to put these dvds onto my PC? It's already in digital format so I don't have to convert them. I have a dvd burner...but it can't copy the dvds because of all the read errors. I tried ISO buster, DVD X Rescue DVD Decrypter, and even just trying to copy them from one folder to another, with no success. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

Pepperpup :-)

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 626
Sounds like they used garbage discs. Not much you can do.

Username: Pepperpup

Post Number: 2
That's what I was afraid of. Thanks anyway David.

Username: Gromit

Just saw this post. This is probably stating the obvious, but you have tried using a commercially available cleaning product for these DVDs, haven't you? 2 years is a bit young for disk failure unless they have been subject to some quite severe mis-treatment.

Another possibility that might help to recover some of the files is Ulead Moviefactory. With this, you can use existing DVds to make new compilations. It shosw each scene and you choose the ones you want. Just maybe, this could let you recover some of those precious memories. Worth downloading an evaluation copy, perhaps.

Cheers

Silver Member

Post Number: 649
Cheap discs are famous for having dye problems past about the 4 gig point. ISO Buster should be able to recover anything salvagable.

Dan Bickerton
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know any FREE DVD backup software. I am using the ConeDVD trial currently but it expires soon. Is there any free ones that can copy CSS DVD's???????

Dan Bickerton
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know any FREE DVD backup software. I am using the ConeDVD trial currently but it expires soon. Is there any free ones that can copy CSS DVD's??????? I dont realy understand how to burn them from DVD Shrink. It says to burn install Nero. If anybody can help from that then my problem will be solved

Silver Member

Post Number: 746
DVD Decrypter, when you go to burn in Shrink it has a box to select how to burn, choose ISO image and burn with Decrypter. It will automatically start Decrypter and burn the disc.

Anonymous

Is there a free program that converts DVD's to AVI's or WAV files???

Johno26
Unregistered guest
Use DVD43 dvd43.com to un-encrypt CSS it just sits in your tool tray in the background wiat till the little man goes green.

Also us http://www.dvdshrink.org/

Both are free

Username: Adamx12

Henderson, CO USA

you have to shrink the dvd and them copy it. You need a software that called dvd decrypse and shrinking to do this job.

Username: Andy222

Alsager, Great Britain United Kingdom

hello ive downloaded movies off the internet but im getting board of not being able to put them onto a disk, if you have any information let me know please.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Andy222

Alsager, Great Britain United Kingdom

hello ive downloaded movies off the internet but im getting board of not being able to put them onto a disk, if you have any information please e - mail me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lisadodgson@dsl.pipex.com

Bronze Member
Username: Gromit

Post Number: 63
AJD, so long as the movies you are downloading are in a standard format, most DVD authoring packages should be able to assemble them into a DVD that will play on a set top box. If you merely want the files on a DVD for playing on a computer, any burning software will do the trick.

Cheers.

Unregistered guest
tried DVD43 on a css encrypted disk - worked fine. Currently making a backup using DVDShrink / Nero many thanks for the tip

Unregistered guest
I have a tv/vcr/dvd combo television and want to hook up both a dvd recorder and a vcr recorder to it.I can make copies of vhs but not dvd...What connector am I missing? I also have cable...My dvd recorder has to be on channel 3 to play or record, but to play a dvd (to record) my tv has to be on auxillary...Please help

Silver Member

Post Number: 1000
You can't copy DVDs without a stabilizer. Plenty of info here about stabilizers.

Username: Happiniess

Find your new DVD-R/DVD+R on www.cdrdvdrmedia.com

anfonthy
Unregistered guest
Freeware program copy dvd to avi
and more
go on it for more info
www.dvdripnburn.com

Username: Freestyle

NY U.S.A

i see someone asked the question already but the answers didnt help me

How can i put my dvds into my drive and convert it into a file that can be viewed on my com with a program like windows media or realplayer or that can be transfered to an hard drive player/mp3 player like the lyra

Unregistered guest
i have a tv/dvd player and have now bought a dvd recorder which i want to connect to the tv/dvd and copy some dvds that were recorded from a tv by a friend. can some one tell me how i should connect the equipment to do this as i am a novis and haven't got a clue, the instruction book for the tv and dvd recorder aren't much help.i have managed to record from the tv, but there is another scart socket that is called DVD EXT should i be plugged into that also to record from the dvd? if yes where do i plug the other end as there is only one scart socket on the dvd recorder. i have a lead with scart plug on one end and 3different coloured jack plugs on the other end can i use this?

bomber12
Unregistered guest
hey all i got a home movie is there a way i can make it smaller can u just give me a site cause im not to smart with computers and is there a dvd disk bigger than 4.7 gb cause i can just go buy a bigger disk if there is and i burnt it with nero and i went to play it in my dvd player but i had no sound would nero make it smaller by taking out the sound? plz help lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1310
Why do you need to make a home movie smaller? There are dual layer discs that are 9.4 gig, but your burner has to support dual layer discs.

bomber12
Unregistered guest
well i want it to put it on to a disk and the disks that i got now are only 4.7 my dvd burner does support dual layer disks so if i buy a dual layer disk i can out more on it

bomber.12
Unregistered guest
i dont wanna make the maome movie smaller i want a name of a program that can make the size of it smaller and my dvd burner does support dual layer so if i buy a dual layer disk it will fit more on it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1312
If it's a home recording it can't be over 4.7 gig, unless it's on a dual layer disc. I don't see why it needs to be smaller, but DVD Shrink will make it smaller. A dual layer blank disc will hold 9.4 gigs.

Cal J
Unregistered guest
Hey can any one suggest the best Blank DVD-R disc for copying, some one told me the darker the ink the better, problem is I cant find the darker ink based ones any where, does any one know of a good UK site that sells them and which manufacture are they called.

Be great full for the help

Gold Member

Post Number: 1350
Taiyo Yuden DVD-Rs, where in UK I don't know.

AJ Valadez
Unregistered guest
I have tried to copy some pictures from a DVD on to my computer to use as background. I play the DVD, pause it, and use ALT + Print to copy the screen. However the picture always turns blank! I suspect this is copyright. Is there any way around it?

Komah
Unregistered guest
WinDVD 6 has a screen capture button. I use it all the time.

Username: Dfrederick

I have a Sony Desktop with Click to DVD software. I copied all of my old VHS tapes plus some more recent digital video into this program and created DVDs.

Now, I'd like to copy those DVDs, one by one, back into the computer - into a program - and break them down into different clips for a highlight video for someone.

Is there a way to do it in Click to DVD? If not, can you recommend a specific program that will allow me to do this? Or, am I going to have to start copying again from scratch from the old VHS tapes and digital video tapes?

I am new to this group so do appreciate any help you can give. Please email me at fred11140@msn.com. Thank you.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1532
I use TMPGEnc DVD Author for compiling. Simple program to use, even does RAM. It's free for 30 days, then it's $70 to buy.
http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/tda16.html

Unregistered guest
Hi, currently I am using DVD shrink version 3.2.0.15 to burn original DVD movies. Most of the time, I can successfully burn movies for myself onto a blank disc (I mainly use the RITEK and TDK brands). The only problem I am having at the moment, is when I try creating another backup copy off that new blank disc I just used to burn the movie on. I pop the disc I successfully burnt into the DVD rom, and then I try reburning it, using Nero Startsmart, and a Nero express error message "Reading Disc Failed" comes up on the screen. This happens all the time when I try reburning the same project again. I thought perhaps that once I have a copy of a burnt movie, I could reburn it over and over again, but somehow it's not that easy. I was told that DVD shrink does not support Windows XP Service Pack 2 and I should try downloading CloneDVD, which can virtually burn anything with disc errors. I thought I would try my luck first this way before I do so. Any suggestions?

Cheers Nina

Gold Member

Post Number: 1588
Shrink can be used with SP2. If the disc has read errors, there isn't much that can be done, possibly ISO Buster. Nero is a buggy program, and Ritek discs are junk these days. Use Decrypter to burn instead of Nero. You can use it to copy too, ISO read, ISO write. If InCD was with Nero, that's an even worse program.

Unregistered guest
Thank you for your input David. If Ritek are junk discs these days, which discs are the best to use?? Are TDK discs okay? Also when you say to use Decrypter to burn instead of Nero, where do I get Decrypter from. Can I download that at all? Cheers Nina.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1597
Decrypter
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_decrypter.cfm
When you go to burn in Shrink there will be an option ISO image file and burn with Decrypter. Taiyo Yuden discs are generally considered the best discs. If you buy Fuji DVD-Rs that say made in Japan, they are TY. Best Buy has them on sale once a month or so. Prodiscs are good discs, the Fuji that say made in Taiwan are Prodiscs. TDK used to be good, not so sure about them anymore.

Unregistered guest
Hello, I've having a problem not listed hear. I've tried to burn my dvd iso back ups on to disk with dvd shrink (which made the iso), clonedvd, superdvdripper, etc. The problem is the movie has no vocies. The backround music is load. Can anyone help?

johny
Unregistered guest
I have been burning DVD's with Decrypter and Shrink and everythin works fine except when verifying disk after burning it get to about 96% verifying before getting a error, thing is that they play fine in my dvd player with no problems all the way through, what gives and why am I gettin this error??

thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1725
Probably poor quality media.

Jay0127
Unregistered guest
Hi all,

I was wondering if it is possible to burn 2 .iso image files to one dual-layer disc? I want to be able to make copies of TV-DVD complete sets and fit 2 discs onto one dual-layer disc and still keep the menus? any suggestions?

thanx

axsadsaffasf
Unregistered guest
get dvd decrytper it rips threww CSS and burns perfectly and EASY so i advise u all to get this

Username: Gates

I have been using dvd x copy and dvd plantinum x copy for 1 year, now all the sudden, they are not able to copy the dvds I just purchased. What curent dvd program can I buy to copy over the copyrighted dvds I've purchased? Please help, thanks.

ianla
Unregistered guest
Dvd shrink copies the movie but when I put it in a dvd player, it says that there
is no disc. Does anyone know what the problem is and what I should do? ... it works on my pc dvd player... but not the outside players aroudn the home..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1912
Try better media. If you are using +R discs, try -R.

Bob Deerfield, FL
Unregistered guest
I have Nero and dvd43 to try to copy dvd's. How come when I do a full copy, the 8GB is not transformed onto a 4.7GB disc? Isn't this what Nero is suppose to do? Is anyone familiar with Nero? Still getting "not enough space to copy" errors.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1919
Nuke Nero, lousy program. Use DVD Shrink.

Unregistered guest
Hi i am currently using dvd shrink and i found that when i play my dvd's in say an xbox, playstation or some dvd players they play perfectly, but it seems when they are played in a higher end dvd player they begin freezing at certain points in the movie, why is this? how can this be fixed?

Unregistered guest
Hi i am currently using dvd shrink and i found that when i play my dvd's in say an xbox, playstation or some dvd players they play perfectly, but it seems when they are played in a higher end dvd player they begin freezing at certain points in the movie, why is this? how can this be fixed?

Username: Cornealyah

I bought a dvd recorder over the holidays. I tried to record a dvd and copyright information came up. Is their a easy way to record this type of dvd? I have a Cyberhome DVR 1600.

Chest Rockwell
Unregistered guest
I have a DVD recorder with a built in Hard Drive. I also puchased a GoDVD!, which allows you to record any DVD with copyright protection. However, I have not figured out the most efficient way to copy a DVD to a DVD-R, DVD-RW, etc. while maintining the best possible video quality. I have tried many different ways (i.e. DVD to HDD, and then to DVD-R; DVD to DVD-R; differnt recording speeds, etc), however, I was wondering if anyone had suggestions as to how to do this most effiecinetly with the best quality recording. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
Heyy guys, I was just wondering if there are any hacks for dvd recorders(LG) that will get around copy protection????? I know there are hacks that make it region free so I thought it would be about time to see some copy protection hacks.

Caren Lee
Unregistered guest
What would be the best recorder to buy if you wanted to make backup copies of copyright protected programs? Then, with GODVD or Redpro or any other suggestion - which one is the best one to buy to go with the best recorder to buy? I'm trying to stay away from the computer option, though I know its probably the best one. I've seen a lot of suggestions on this board - just not with what is the best recorder to go with the best copyright protected hack to best record movies and tv seasons. Thanks.

Bobby Long
Unregistered guest
I have the Philips DVDR/W thingy and also have copyright protect probs. How am I supposed to copy DVD's and get round this problem ?

Username: Mollyshuman

Hope I haven't entered this question before. But here goes. For a newby, what dvd ripping program would you recommend? Do I need more than one? I have a DVD burner in the computer. Thanks!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2143
DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink.

Unregistered guest
you need the burning program NERO, IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY ,PICK IT UP AFTER YOU DECRYPT IT AND SHRINK IT, NERO IS THE ONLY PRORAM YOU NEED,VERSION 6 AND ABOVE WILL WORK FIND

Gold Member

Post Number: 2182
Nero sucks, Decrypter is a better burner and is free. Shrink has an option to burn with Decrypter, no need to use the buggy Nero program.

Unregistered guest
I am trying to get my home dvd's (which I copied with a LG dvd recorder) onto my computer to edit, can anyone PLEASE help!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2276
You need an authoring program to edit. The discs have to be finalized to be read by the PC.

Anonymous

I have been using 1clickDVDcopy to burn along with DVD43 to decode and have been having problems with the copies. They get choppy or freeze after about an hour into the movie. How come?
Also, I have been using exclusively +rw discs to burn on. Will all other types work? ( -r, +r, etc.)
Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2302
Skipping and freezing is usually poor quality media. Unless you plan on erasing and reusing the discs, DVD-R or +R would be better.

Anonymous

Hi I have a Panasonic DVD recorder DMREH50 does anyone know how I can copy some of my dvd's to the HD of the recorder??????

Thanks

OSF

Username: Josh6

just wondering how to burn movies i downloaded off the internet, i have dvd shrink and nero startsmart, i also have lightspeedmovies for an accelerator, i can burn movies from the store but not downloades. thanks

Username: Utlimatemutant

Post Number: 4
On my apple computer I'm putting in some Memorex DVD-R disks and whenever I put them in it comes back out!

Bronze Member
Username: Hamjones2

Post Number: 16
I have seen in many DVD burning threads that its best to use decrypter and DVDshrink to burn dvd's. But they are old and I can't seen to get dvd decrypter, every site I have looked at says that it has been taken off because of copyright laws or something. Dooes anyone know where i can find it or is there an alternative that is good and free? Thanks

p.s i already have dvd shrink and 'Sonic' record now (or something)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2874
Last place that still has it as far as I know.

http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/#dvddecrypter
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us