DVD that can record DVD's/direct TV

Ricky Fitz
Is there a DVD recorder out there that can record copyrighted DVD's. I imagine that I'll probably have to buy a play and a recorder but I'm not sure about anything.

Also, if I have Direct TV and a DVD recorder, does that allow me to record anything taht comes through my direct TV box? Even PPV movies?

Anonymous
How can I record a DVD to Video tape?

You can record anything that comes from direct tv, cable or tv tuner but I'm trying to figure out myself how to copy dvd player to dvd recorder when I press record it detects that is a copyrighted movie so I can't, but I'm pretty sure there's a way.

Anonymous
disable the macrovision on your dvd player and you can copy to video through scart or video inputs
samsung 709 best for this as the region hack also disables the macrovision

Anonymous
I am interested in recording ppv movies from direct tv.
How can I do this and what equipment do I need to do it.
Hope, I didn't confused anyone.
I am trying to record ppv movies from direct tv and I am not sure what I need to do.

Fluk

Derek
Connect your VCR, Camcorder or DVD Recorder to the A/V Out Jacks on the back of the Satelite receiver. You can record anything that your can see on screen. DirecTV does not (though they can) copy protect thier content.

Hope this helps.

Ella
Hi. I can suggest the device I'm using for year already with my both DVDR 985 and E30 DVD Recorders.
http://www.dimax.com.ua/English/dvd_recorder.htm
This way you could record and copy whatever you want.
Regards.

Anonymous
ok same problem I have a laptop the toshiba 17 in pro25 s507 I want to get the tv tuner and make dvd's also copy my store bought dvd any information how to do this would be great.thanks dkeichner@sbcglobal.net thanks again

I want to burn my slide show album on a DVD, and have it play on my DVD player that is attached to my TV. I have an indiDVD +/R//+/-RW/CD burner. When I place the disc in my DVD player, I get a message 'no disc'. Help pleas

How can i connect my DVD to tv and record something that comes from tv? Can help me?
Cincerely.

Ella
Unregistered guest
There is no DVD Recorder, which will let you
Record copyrighted DVD or VHS and Pay per View (PPV) programs from your DirectTV. This is because of standards and copyright protection low. Company producing DVD Recorders, Video recorders and even Video Capture Cards for PC have to be compliant with Macrovision Copy Protection specification.
I can only appoint you once again to following link
http://www.dimax.com.ua/English/dvd_recorder.htm
Regards.

Unregistered guest
how can i connect my dvd player to my laptop so that i see the video output on my laptop screen. Please mail me.

Unregistered guest
How do I connect my dvd player/recorder/satelite/tv (old one with 1 cable outlet)vcr, and I bought an r f modulator also a spliter. I hooked them all up like it said. The dvd plays but I get no picture on my tv and can't record. I bought the dvd at christmas. It a cyberhome. I have emailed them and called and gotten NO response from them. Seems like I have wasted almost $300.00. Can someone PLEASE help me? Thank you, Mary

blabaalbl
Unregistered guest
Why would anyone wants to record movies from DirectTV when you can just go rent a DVD from the store then copy it (though it is not legal so is copy from DirectTV!!) you will have a better (DVD quality) picture and surround sound. There goes my 2 cents.

Unregistered guest
You can get a free direct tv satellite system here http://www.usa-direct-tv.com/ Plus get a free dvd player! Plus get information on installing your satellite tv dish with your dvd player.

Unregistered guest
Can someone advice on how to connect and operate a Panasonic DVD Player with my laptop. I have connected the yellow video cabling as well as the audio cabling. But I am stuck now.

Dieter

Bronze Member
Username: Andyyanov

Post Number: 18
hi!
It was so long time ago...
But I agree with Ella, I have DVD Red Pro too.
It allow you to copy DVD to VHS, VHS to DVD, DVD to DVD. It removes protection from signal.
You have the same recorded image as on original.
Andy.

Anonymous

I have an older TV set that requires an RF modulator in order to view DVDs. My cable goes into my VCR, then into the modulator, then into my TV set. Everything worked great until my cable went out last week. Now, it is hooked up the same way as always, but I cannot view DVDs on my TV. They play, but the picture does not show the DVD image. Is there some way to "reset" the RF modulator?

DCinDC
Unregistered guest
If you have a good answer to the above question, please e-mail me at DCinDC2@yahoo.com

THANKS

Bronze Member
Username: Xol

Post Number: 24
First of all try to find the source of your problem.
Is it DVD-VCR connection or VCR-TV connection.
1. Try to playback VHS on you VCR and check you can get the picture.
2. Now do the same with DVD player.

Username: Gnalema

Post Number: 1
I'm trying to schedule recording with the software bundled with my capture card (ATI TV Wonder VE Remote). I have Direct Tv and the software only recognizes 1 channel which ultimately lets me use the direct tv box to change channels, etc.

When I try to connect the cable directly to the capture card it does not find any channels at all.

My problem is, I would like to set this up like a Tivo and schedule record times and such, however if the software does not detect all the channels I cannot schedule anything. Has anyone gotten this to work with DirectTV?

In case you cannot respond here, my email address is gr8wite@hotmail.com. Thanks.

LindaIsaacs
Unregistered guest
I've sucessfully connected my laptop to my TV via cable, but now how do I display the DVDs on my laptop on the TV screen? I ultimately want to make VHS tapes of the DVD by recording the TV screen display on my VCR.

Dmitry
Unregistered guest
Ricky,
find info about DVD Red in Inet. You can use it to decide your problems.
Wishes.

Unregistered guest
Hi
I would like to record commercial DVDs on a DVD recorder. Is that possible? Can all DVD recorders do that? Does this mean that the recorder has two slots - one for the DVD being recorded and one that makes the copy? I find this confusing. Or do you record a DVD to the recorder's hard disk and then from there to the copy DVD? Finally (phew!) is there a particular DVD recorder you'd recommend that can do this type of recording and turn off CSS and is multi-region?
best wishes
Martin

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 322
You have to use a stabilizer. You would need a player and a recorder. Easier and better quality on a computer.

Unregistered guest
how do i connect something like a dvd player or something with the 3 color plugs (red, white, yellow)directly to my laptop screen. So i can see (from the dvd player ect..) on my notebook.

Unregistered guest
I want to buy a dvd player/recorder with a hard drive to record local tv channels, through my antennae.
I also want it to record from my Direct TV satelite, will most units do this?

Silver Member

Post Number: 429
They all will.

Stephen8812
Unregistered guest
I just purchased a DVD recorder/VCR, and I have Direct TV. The instructions only talk about connecting the unit to cable. Is there a special way I need to connect the recorder (i.e. to the satellite receiver?) Also can I record any satellite channel onto DVD. When I auto programmed the channels the channels programmed stopped at channel 125. Thank you.

Anonymous

I would like to record rented dvds with a dvd recorder. although it is illegal, is it possible?

Unregistered guest
I recently changed televisions and now (it worked before) when i try to record shows from Directv, nothing shows up on the tape only the blank screen, what do i need to do in order for it to record from directv?

Anonymous

Quote:
I would like to record rented dvds with a dvd recorder. although it is illegal, is it possible?

Yes. Go this way http://www.xdimax.com
Select the DVD Red PRO

LeslieP
Unregistered guest
I have a Powerbook G4 without a DVD burner. We have to buy a new DVD player, so I am thinking about a Toshiba Progressive Scan DVD Player/Recorder. Can I take my digital home movies (ones I've edited) on my laptop and use this recorder to burn DVDs?

Unregistered guest
I was wondering if after you coppied a program from direct tv or dish network will the coppied program be in digital dolby 5.1

grfe
Unregistered guest
is dvd red pro legal

Unregistered guest
hi,
i have a panasonic DMR-E55 DVD Recorder and an old tv, is it possible to connect the DVD Recorder through an RF Modulator and still record from the TV?

Anonymous

How do you disable the Macrovision on a Phillips DVDR 75 recorder, to enable it to record protected DVDs and Videos.

Unregistered guest
I want to burn my slide show album on a DVD, and have it play on my DVD player that is attached to my TV. When I place the disc in my DVD player, I get a message 'no disc'. Help please.

Nigel Smith
Unregistered guest
I want to display my digital cameras display on my laptops display in real time. I have a signal coming out of the digital cameras video jack in real time

Jen57
Unregistered guest
Go To ebay and Look Up user name Reno Jim Duggan.( http://stores.ebay.com/RenoJimDuggans-Magic-DVD-World_W0QQssPageNameZl2QQtZkm) he has modified dvd players so you can record to your dvd recorder.

Anonymous

I CAN I RECORD FROM DVD PLAYER TO DVD RECORDER IN
SURROUND 5.1. RIGHT NOW THE RECORDINGS COME OUT
IN STERO .

SusanD
Unregistered guest
I have a samsung VR-300 which up until 4 days ago recorded onto DVD and VCR correctly. However now when I record onto the VCR/play a vcr I only get sound and no picture. DVD still records and plays correctly. Has anyone come across this previously, how do I fix this?

Silver Member

Post Number: 767
VCR needs cleaned.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us