My sony 36inch tv has problems with my PS2

Unregistered guest
i don't know what to do rite now, buy a new tv or get this old one fixed. heres the problem, please help.

when i'm watching movies or just tv it works fine, but when i play my playstation2 (PS2) on the t.v. the game is fuzzy, i get a small about the size of 1/4 of inch of black bar on the left of the screen, and seems like the color is pushed to the rite a little and makes the games look fuzzy. i hope you understand what i just said, cuz my ps2 games looks like old atari games. also the problem is not the playstation as i told my friend to bring his playstation to try it out and it was the same way, so i know its the tv that has the problems.

is this fixable? is this worth fixing? or is new tv the way to go? i called one tv repair man, and he told me if you can watch tv, just leave it, but dammit i wanna play games. please help this poor girl gamer.

Bronze Member
Username: Jrest

St. Louis, Missouri USA

Post Number: 63
Jenny,
Are you by chance connecting your PS2 through a VCR? or are you connecting the PS2 directly to the tv? What TV are you connecting it to now?
If you give us more info, I'm sure people on here can help you so that you don't have to fork over cash for a new tv. Have you used the ps2 on this tv before?

jennyDaGamer
Unregistered guest
ps2 is connected directly to the tv. i used to play my ps1 on this tv without problems and ps2 in the early days. i don't play rite now, its my only tv. its a sony kv-32v25, kinda old i guess, not a flat or hdtv. please help, thats all i know.

jennyDaGamer
Unregistered guest
please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i can wait for this tv, i'm thinking about buying the new tv tomorrow...

Unregistered guest
I really need to know how you can connect your PS2 to a TV via a VCR? because i have no idea. Please help.

Bronze Member
Username: Kober

Post Number: 14
cookieman,you can get a Cable that has two Cable TV inputs..so you just take a cable,and hook it up to the thing,and then snaps onto the tv's hook up.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1077624501049&productCategoryId=cat08 190&type=product

Unregistered guest
we got a ps2 at the pawn shop but it has no manual.
the cable that came with it has 3 plugs (red, yellow, white)-don't know to hook up to tv. tv has only the cable hook up. is there a connector of some kind that accomodates the 3 plugs and the cable to the tv?? thanks for any help you can give

Username: Quegyboe

Post Number: 2
Sounds to me like your PS2 is hooked up to your TV with composite cables. Go out to your local electronics store and pick up some PS2 component or S-video cables (depending on which plug your TV supports) and that will make your PS2 look MUCH better!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us