Toshiba D-R2 vs. JVC DR-M10SL

Anonymous

Hello. I need some help, can anyone tell me which is the better DVD Recorder? I have good and not so good things about each one. Thank You.

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 130
People are saying that the Toshiba won't record from HBO/Cinemax, so if you plan on recording from them go with the JVC. I haven't used the Toshiba, don't like the quality of Toshiba products, but the JVC is a good machine. Out of 3 of the JVCs I've used 1 had problems in the first 2 weeks though. Better early than later at least, when the unit can be exchanged.

Anonymous

The TOSHIBA is a much beter unit. I have tried both. The JVC units always break down.

There are so many more ways to control the incoming audio/video signals. The TOSHIBA is
also a much better built unit.

Customer Service is very good. If anything goes wrong with your unit. They REPLACE it, they dont make you wait for them to repair it.

The TOSHIBA only Records HBO using DVD-R/W
disks. This is a copy guard issues which TOSHIBA
and HBO chose to use. To Record HBO on the TOSHIBA, you need to use DVD RAM Disks.

This is called a COPY ONCE protection.
It will most likely be used on all new DVD recorders. I also have a PANASONIC S-47 DVD Player. That and the new JVC 510 are the
only DVD Players that play back DVD RAM disks.

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 134
Nothing Toshiba makes is better quality than JVC. Have you seen the inside of Toshiba's products? They are very cheaply made.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us