How to get HD reception with my Sony KF-50WE610

Username: Absolut

Post Number: 1
I purchased this TV not too long ago and for the life of me I cannot get any HD signals to come through. I purchased an HD antenna and hooked it up to my VHF/UHF. The 2 HD channels we get in the area are on 6.1 and 3.1, but I am not sure how to program those into my TV.. The manual doesnt say anything on how to achieve this either. Is there anyone that can help?

Username: Absolut

Post Number: 2
I should mention that I only have the antenna right now... I was under the impression I shouldn't need a tuner.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
"I should mention that I only have the antenna right now... I was under the impression I shouldn't need a tuner."

Then you were under the wrong impression.

Bronze Member
Username: Vindsl

Post Number: 28
Yep, you need to buy a set-top box, of some sort, to get DTV/HDTV...

I have a Sony KF-42WE610. LoL! To tell you the truth, I liked the PQ so much, I didn't even care if it had a tuner. I was shocked when I took it out of the box and found out it had dual tuners. I was also pleasantly surprised by the sound quality of the built-in speakers but, heh, it's a Sony, you know?

Anyway, I've tried a couple of OTA (aka terrestrial) HD tuners on my Sony GW. My favorite - the one I'm currently using - is a Motorola HDT101. Here's a link for you: Motorola HDT101.

This tuner is V small, works great, and matches the Grand Wega color scheme nicely!

It's 300 bones at Circuit City...

If you wanna save yourself 100 bucks, Wal-Mart Online sells a OTA STB too. Rumor has it that the chipset is made by ATI, but I don't know that for a fact, nor have I tried one, or found any reports on it on the web. That usually indicates that it works, but it's nothing to brag about. To me, it looks like they painted the case with an 88-cent can of Walmart brand spray paint, but to each his/her own... :-)

So, here's another link for you: USDigital HDTV Receiver. As far as I know, this is available online only.

Happy hunting!

JJULCH
Unregistered guest
I'm one of the people that decided to buy a widescreen, HDTV ready and 50 inches or more rear projection TV set. I had the same problems most people are having: what type to buy? (DLP, LCD, LCOS, ILA or Plasma) After readying everything I could and printing more than a ream of paper, I decided on getting a DLP. I went to places like: Best Buy, Circut City, Sears and Bill Smith and used the old fastion method, I looked at all the different types together. I chose the 62" Toshiba 62HM84 DLP Rear projection TV. Samsug and others look out. I've had it for two months and I love it. The picture quality is excellent with rich bright colors and it's very easy to setup. I have Comcast Cable Digital & HD service and all the stations, premium and local, come in great. The HD picture is fantastic and more HD stations are coming down the road. I got the DLP TV to watch TV and play DVD's not for games or computers. I've had no problems with Rainbow or Screen door effects and no worries about screen burn in. Before you buy, take the time to compare and check out the Toshiba DLP TV's.

uradkhd
Unregistered guest
"I should mention that I only have the antenna right now... I was under the impression I shouldn't need a tuner."

Then you were under the wrong impression.

xvxvxvx you are such a pr!ck

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
"xvxvxvx you are such a pr!ck

You are under the wrong impression as well. But thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to comment and add to this worthy discussion.

xvxvxvx

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us